cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business number handling?

hardcall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched my primary personal number over to Public Mobile about a month ago and am really enjoying the service! But I'm about to establish myself as a freelancer and would prefer not to give out my personal number for business contact.

I have a second, separate number currently with Fongo, which I was originally planning to discontinue as their service has been terrible for a while. Is it at all possible to pay to have that Fongo number handled by Public Mobile as a forward to my personal number? Or do I just have to suck it up and get a second phone and SIM card?

6 REPLIES 6

hardcall

@geopublic    Ooh, looking at their services that looks like it just might work. Thank you very much!!

@hardcall wrote:

@geopublicNo, just one SIM and one micro SD slot each. (I assume mSD slots aren't SIM-compatible?)

@hardcall  correct. If your phone supported two sim cards active/active then you could have both numbers on one phone. What about something like VOIP.ms the call quality is excellent and you get unlimited incoming for -$4 per month and setup a forwarder to your PM sim number.

hardcall

@geopublicNo, just one SIM and one micro SD slot each. (I assume mSD slots aren't SIM-compatible?)

@hardcall  Does your phone support two sim cards or a sim + esim?

hardcall

@geopublicIt's tempting, but a) Fongo charges by-the-minute rates for that service.

b) Making any outgoing business calls through Fongo (should have mentioned in the original post that being able to display the second number on ID would be ideal) would not be great as their call quality is... really bad.

c) Fongo doesn't do exclusive forwarding, but rather will ring on both the forwarding number and its own app at the same time. I can uninstall Fongo from my phone to stop the double ring, but their account management is rather app-centric, so handling any settings or changes on their website is a pain.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hardcall  Can't you just setup Fongo to forward that number to your PM number?

Need Help? Let's chat.