cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buisness Accounts

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Does Public Mobile do buisness accounts.

I tried to refer my father in laws work. Would have been 11 phones. But he couldn't find anything about buisness accounts or pooling data etc. He ended up going with Rogers 😒 He was excited about the possibilities of Public Mobile but couldnt find anything about it. 

Does Public offer discounts to small buisness accounts? Would this only happen if speaking directly to Public Mobile employees? 

Thanks in advance! 

9 REPLIES 9

@srlawren fair enough! Sounds like a great service personally but I think you are bang on if any of these issues affected a buisness it may be game over or loss of a customer. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm the community generally recommends against using Public Mobile for business lines.  I think some of this has already been mentioned but the lack of a call centre in the event help is needed alone is probably a deal-breaker for most businesses.  There are a lot of idiosyncrasies the the service and it's backend systems, which many of us put up with for our personal lines, but for anything mission-critical, it's worth paying for the top-tier parent brands.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Naepalm, as others have said PM does not offer this type of service.  There are no business plans or family share plans.  Each account stands on its own.  That is one of the things I like (some don't) about PM the plans are the same for everyone (unless you get the regional promo).  There is no negotiations involved as you may get with other providers and their loyalty department.  The really good negotiators probably don't like that but the people who just have a plan and don't want to bother with that stuff love it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naepalm Ah I see. Yeah you will definitely have to go with a big carrier. 

@BearFBI I had the same question for my father in law. He said some of the techs need lots of data like 20G a month and some only need 500mb because they don't much data. With this type of application standard plans dont work well, I asked this because that would mean thw 8.5G plan is not enough for the techs. So pooled would allow them to use some of the data others would not use. 😞 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm 

PM does not offer any business accounts. The service is third level tier (after Telus and Koodo). It is recommended for personal use only, and not for business use. For businesses, the savings to be gained here is offset by possible service delays due to no call centre (since all support is online).

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naepalm Public Isint that good for a buisness. Its a lower teir provider and it's also prepaied. You can't really have a buisness relationship with Public. They have call cutoff times of 2.5 hours a call and there's just so much more things that a buisness would need. If they want to, each employee can get a public mobile account for themselfs. I dont see how you would need pooling data ? Each employee can choose to pick their own plan with their own data need. It all depends on how big this business is.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not offer any business accounts.  They would be better off using one of the tier one providers like Bell, Rogers, or Telus.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm  I dont think they offer business accounts here. I do know there isn't pooling of data. No family accounts here. One SIM per account and email address. You may have to go up the Telus chain for those. Stay safe. @computergeek541 or @Luddite or one of the longer serving heads here will know.

Need Help? Let's chat.