cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build your own plans

GarryR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to know if I can make a plan with call display, call waiting, unlimited talk Canada wide with no texting and no voicemail? No voicemail is important to me I need my phone to ring several times and not go voicemail after only four rings, so a work around this voicemail issue is not an option. Thanks to anyone who can help with this subject.   Garry 

5 REPLIES 5

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@GarryR 

For some reason voicemail was always mandatory, you can change the forward settings to send the unanswered/missed call pretty much anywhere your calling plan allows you to, but must be sent someplace.

I've seen people sending it to their VoIP numbers that are pretty much always unregistered so that the other service mailbox picks it up and their public mobile mailbox is always empty. I think this particular person was doing it because they have 15 plan so instead calling in to hear the message they would receive it by email. 

You have an option to filter them all to trash

Maybe there is a free VoIP out there that allows disabling the voicemail, I personally never paid attention to it. But after forwarding to such number the connection should just fail without caller realising they were being transferred.

If you are on the 15 plan, the forward to voicemail is not charged against your allowance

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@GarryR wrote:

I would like to know if I can make a plan with call display, call waiting, unlimited talk Canada wide with no texting and no voicemail? No voicemail is important to me I need my phone to ring several times and not go voicemail after only four rings, so a work around this voicemail issue is not an option. Thanks to anyone who can help with this subject.   Garry 

Public Mobile does not offer customized plans. PM's available plans are listed here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

If you truly make a lot of calls, the $25 plan is for you.

If you make less than 100 minutes of outgoing calls, then the $15 plan will do fine.
If you make slightly more outgoing calls, you can buy the $5 calling add-on which gives you 500 minutes of outgoing Canada-wide calls. You can buy this add-on as many times as you want and the 500 minutes will not expire. These add-on minutes will remain on your account until they are fully consumed.

You can change the duration of your ring time (see here)

You may prevent callers from leaving a voicemail
By adding an extended absence greeting
Or forwarding your calls to a non-existant number (instead of your voicemail number)

Hope this helps!

@GarryR the 25$ plan would be good for you,  add autopay and it will go down to 23$ a month!  The voicemail you can set that no one will leave you a message and max rings of 9 I believe.   If you don't make outgoing calls all that  much the 15$ plan has unlimited incoming and 100 minutes outgoing and you can get a 5$ add on with 500 minute.  If you need help with porting or anything let us know! 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@GarryR wrote:

All plans are listed at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans .  You can't make a custom plan. Public won't disable voicemail but you can "break" the feature from your end. You can also try adjusting number of rings.

Need Help? Let's chat.