cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build your custom plan gone?

Darren_V
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Does anyone know what happened to the build your own plan from on the old website?  Looking for a North American wide talk plan without text or data for my elderly Aunt. Any suggestions? 

9 REPLIES 9

@lukevader wrote:

Also without LTE even being an option anymore the new signups will be way down. I was considering coming back for the new make calls in the usa plan but no lte???? forget it!!

That was a 3G speed plan only.  No full LTE love either.

I simply love my 90-day plan, it was a cost saving when I signed up over 3x30 day equivalent options.  pM screwed up the 90-day options for everyone with readymade plans, and 3G speed offerings.

However, I know many who like the extra data at the 3G speed offering.  If you’re not streaming or sending high volume data files... 

@lukevader PM is not for everyone. Some people are trying to save money and sacrifice download speed. If saving money on a cell plan is not one of your pros, pm might not be for you. They used to have LTE plans but they got rid of them for some reason. Let's hope they bring it back. 

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NDesai wrote:

Not sure if you know, all Plans are on LTE network. It is the speed that is throttled to 3Mbps on 3G plans.

@NDesai yeah yeah, its only been mentioned here a million times on the forum already. On koodo I get over 150Mbps test results average and here it's 3???? Ridiculous. I did however sign up on the last weekend deal for this plan with a referral and with the rbc promo cause I'm going to the states in October so I figured a free month was worth it to try. Thus far I am NOT impressed with 3Mbps speeds.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You could go with the $10 plan before it disappears as well, and add a $5 500 min add on which never expires.

Since unlimited starts on the $25 plan, your aunt can go through 1550 minutes before the $25 plan is a better option. 

If she goes through more than 550 min a month, you'll have to keep an eye on her account to make sure she doesn't run out.

@lukevader wrote:

Also without LTE even being an option anymore the new signups will be way down. I was considering coming back for the new make calls in the usa plan but no lte???? forget it!!

Not sure if you know, all Plans are on LTE network. It is the speed that is throttled to 3Mbps on 3G plans.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Bad news - removal of plan builder

Good news - bonus 1GB add-on for every active PM account as of close of Aug 19.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Plan builder removal was covered in the announcement.  The wording in the announcement did not suggest an immediate removal.  It is unfortunate that we didn't get a chance to react.  Maybe they will have a change of heart and let those who need to use plan builder get a final chance before it is removed for good.  

@Darren_V wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to the build your own plan from on the old website?  Looking for a North American wide talk plan without text or data for my elderly Aunt. Any suggestions? 

Only the Ready-made plans are available.  Plan Builder has been discontinued.

Need Help? Let's chat.