cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakdown of International rates - per country/per cell provider/per landline

rxva
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When calling different cell providers(say, in Europe) the destination operators impose their own different rate e.g Vodafone .11/min, Orange .17/min etc.

And landline is usually way cheaper.

Does PM have such a breakdown with rates per country/per operator ?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rxva 

If you're not satisfied with the years of experience of fellow customers then all you can do is contact the moderators that work for the company.

The call logs do not display like that.

Destinations are about the country, not the area code within that country.

calllog.jpg

That Japan call shows as 9 seconds on my phone. It shows as 29 seconds here because the clock starts when you press go. Then it will show on the front page counter rounded up to the next minute. The Charge column doesn't show amounts because it's all pre-paid. The front page counter is the number that matters.

rxva

Does PM have statements/usage logs with breakdowns like this:

Oct 12  0114556789    14 min     $  0.56

Oct 16  0114546677    14 min     $ 1.68

Oct 20  0114564560    14 min     $  2.30

Calls made from Canada to same destination country

First is a landline, 2nd and 3rd different cell providers

I'm looking for answers from people with actual experience, not merely guesses

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rxva wrote:

My current provider charges .11 when I call Vodafone, .17 for Orange .03 for landline.

Can anybody confirm PM is charging a per minute flat rate for the $15 group of countries?

There's nothing to confirm. It's just how they work. You buy the add-on to call whatever country or set of countries and you consume the minutes you paid for over time. The minutes are consumed at the same pace for each destination.

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rxva wrote:

My current provider charges .11 when I call Vodafone, .17 for Orange .03 for landline.

Can anybody confirm PM is charging a per minute flat rate for the $15 group of countries?

@rxva  It's a flat rate.

@rxva wrote:

If you are talking about the plan below. You get 300 minutes for $15 which work out to .05 per minute.

300 International Long Distance Minutes

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

rxva

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rxva wrote:

I'm looking for smth like this for outbound calls from PM to, say, France:

Destination Prefix Increment Rate/minute

France335906$0.0144
France3341566$0.0144
France3356766$0.0214

I doubt that PM has a unique rate per destination country: in some case the per minute rate can be 5-10X higher

Ok then. No they don't. It's just the cost for the add-on divided by the quantity of minutes. There are only the 3 single international destinations. The rest are groups of countries. The recipient needs to be able to take the call from an international caller.

rxva

I'm looking for smth like this for outbound calls from PM to, say, France:

Destination Prefix Increment Rate/minute

France335906$0.0144
France3341566$0.0144
France3356766$0.0214

I doubt that PM has a unique rate per destination country: in some case the per minute rate can be 5-10X higher

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rxva  No they do not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rxva 

It sounds like you're wondering what the inbound cost agreements are when people in other countries call to here. But maybe I've mis-interpreted.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rxva 

Here is the list of the various long distance add ons.  From my understanding, there is no difference between calling long distance landlines and mobile lines, etc. Not all countries are covered by the add ons though.

Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.
500 Canada Wide Long Distance Minutes   $5
1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes⁴    $15
1000 U.K. Long Distance Minutes⁴  $15
750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes  $15
500 China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Long Distance Minutes   $15
100 Philippines Long Distance Minutes   $15
300 International Long Distance Minutes    $15
Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rxva At PM you can buy various bundles if long distance minutes.  There is no additional cost to you  where that call is made.

My parents used to call Italy from their land line. I have since convinced them it was easier and cheaper to call from their cellphones, especially cellphones in Italy vs a landline in Italy.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid and you would purchase a LD add-on at certain price.  There is no charge per minute.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Need Help? Let's chat.