cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing week add on Question

PingRoll
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would it be possible for a pre-existing member to switch to the boxing week add-on if they already have a $25 plan?

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PingRoll 

No.  It bonus 5GB for new activation only.

Depending on how long you have been with PM, you may already get other activation only credit when you activate your account and free data and/or long distance minutes since August 2019.  If you are from BC and AB, you may have got extra free 5GB data and 1000 Canada wide minutes add-on a few months ago.

I am from AB, I got the following free data and minutes add-ons since August 2019.

Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
2019 $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
0.577  /  1024 MB
2019 $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
1  /  400 MIN
2020 $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US
0  /  500 MIN
2020 $0 Holiday Giveaway: 2GB add-on
0  /  2048 MB
2019 August 1GB Promo
0  /  1024 MB
2020 Summer 5GB one-time data (bonus for BC and AB subscribers only)
0  /  5120 MB
2020 Summer Free 1000 CAN LD mins (bonus for BC and AB subscribers only)
35  /  1000 MIN

I think PM will continue to give out free add-ons from time to time to keep existing subscribers to stay with PM.  It is cheaper to keep the existing subscribers than paying store sales commission and free second month to get new customer.  The current 5GB add-on is trying to prevent new subscribers from changing to a cheaper plan after getting the second month credit OR pay for the first month and change provider after the end of the free second month.

Therefore,  Stay with PM.  You will get your free add-on.  After staying with PM for over 2 years and now I have 8 PM account, PM treats their subscribers fairly well as far as I am concern.  It is normal that Canadian mobile providers have new activation only promotions.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

No, but you can certainly make use of the holiday promo which gives you free data and international minutes, if you haven't yet:

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

HALIMACS_0-1608939853192.jpeg

HALIMACS_1-1608939853258.jpeg

@PingRoll wrote:

Would it be possible for a pre-existing member to switch to the boxing week add-on if they already have a $25 plan?

Sorry, but the 5GB offer is only for customers who activate a new account.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.