cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought wrong add-on. Refund possible?

darkarmada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to get US Roaming data but accidently added on local data instead (200MB Add-on vs the US Roaming - 250 MB Data 10 day). Is it possible to swap the add-on I got?? The cost is the same ($10 each)! Can a mod please help?

I urgently need this (by August 11).

6 REPLIES 6

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@darkarmada wrote:

I wanted to get US Roaming data but accidently added on local data instead (200MB Add-on vs the US Roaming - 250 MB Data 10 day). Is it possible to swap the add-on I got?? The cost is the same ($10 each)! Can a mod please help?

In my experience with the moderators, the answer is yes, they will try and set things right if possible.  But as others have mentioned, you probably won't get an answer for another day or two, so just buy the US add-on for your travel and send a message (if you don't want to keep the extra domestic data) and the moderators, hopefully, should give you a credit and remove the wrong data when you get back.

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have never asked for a refund with PM. But i have once asked for an exchange when I was with koodo prepaid. I suppose the system is the same. The representative said it was fine but when he actually tried it, the addons ended up in a weird state and I got an extra US addon for 'free', because it couldn't be deleted. I never used it so it made no difference. 

It is worth asking if you can get a refund or exchange with something else. Nothing to lose. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@darkarmada wrote:

You might not get answer fron moderators in time. If it's that important to have roaming data, I would add more funds and purchase the correct add-on.  Policy is no refunds but you can ask if they can do something.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@darkarmada wrote:

@darkarmada Best to purchase the US roaming addon and at the same time message the moderator explain what happened and ask for a credit.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darkarmada wrote:

You could keep the add-on around for the possibility of going over your plan data (assuming you have plan data). Gives you a little cushion of "overage". It just stays there until you use it it up.

You're not going to hear from the moderators before tomorrow anyway.

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Need Help? Let's chat.