jsfx3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Really need it to work Thursday am. 😁

Thanks!

--jsfx3

20 REPLIES 20

jsfx3

Per previous notes, I finished the undo lost / stolen thing days ago.  I had to buy a sim from lucky mobile this afternoon. I can't go without data indefinitely . Can someone tell me who I need to pm about getting the add-on refunded to one of the accounts I have referred here over the years?

@jsfx3 wrote:

How would i check to see if the addon was working except to restart the service?

For greater certainty, I did the complete process. I cannot imagine how I would check to see if the Add-on started to work on a phone that was still marked stolen.

Am I missing something?

Any useful insights you can offer are appreciated while we wait for the Mods to get around to this request.

--jsfx3

You'll have to go back in and "undo" the "phone lost/stolen report" under the same tab. Clicking "phone found" should reset your account provisioning.

If not, you should send a private message to the moderator team as mentioned above - just tagging them here is not reliable enough. Don't forget to include all identifying account details and a in-depth description of the problem in your private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsfx3 wrote:

bumping for mod attention. Please and thanks.

ShawnC13's signature shows contacting the mods but looking at this thread I see you weren't actually instructed to contact the mods. So did you ever actually send them a private message?

jsfx3

bumping for mod attention. Please and thanks.

jsfx3

How would i check to see if the addon was working except to restart the service?

For greater certainty, I did the complete process. I cannot imagine how I would check to see if the Add-on started to work on a phone that was still marked stolen.

Am I missing something?

Any useful insights you can offer are appreciated while we wait for the Mods to get around to this request.

--jsfx3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsfx3 wrote:

Mods.... Lost / stolen phone glitch / hack / trick / whatever didn't work. Please activate my add-on. It's been nearly a week.

--jsfx3

It's not entirely clear by your words that you went back in and did the Resume Service button.

jsfx3

Mods.... Lost / stolen phone glitch / hack / trick / whatever didn't work. Please activate my add-on. It's been nearly a week.

--jsfx3

jsfx3

alright... my phone is now lost / stolen, and i am logged out. will try it again in a few minutes.

thanks

--jsfx3

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@jsfx3 wrote:

Thanks for rth heads up about maintenance. The 19th is exactly when this started.

When you mentioned Monday, it made me think of it. PM usually makes a post about when maintenance is going to occur and I try my best to avoid doing anything account related on those days just because it can get a bit messed up.

You mentioned about Lost/Found being drastic and someone else told you it was safe. So far it does seem a bit of a miracle cure. It doesn't really do any harm, I suppose your phone gets blacklisted for a few minutes maybe, but as soon as you report it found it removes any negatives and refreshes your SIM/Account. I'd suggest doing that tomorrow morning if the addon still isn't working. While the maintenance should be over now, it might not be, but it will be by tomorrow (as they never posted it was being extended).

It doesn't blacklist your phone at all.  It deactivates your sim that is all.  It only prevents your phone being used on your PM plan.  When you go back in and say it is found it reactivates your sim,

Good to know, that's why I put the maybe, I wasn't too sure about that because typically reporting a phone stolen gets it blacklisted (Co-worker was on Bell, had their phone "stolen", reported it as such. Then about a month later when their friend was cleaning their car they found the phone wedged down the back seat. My co-worker had already replaced the phone but kept it as a spare. They never thought to report it found but when they broke their new phone, they went to use their old one and it would not work. IMEI reported it as stolen so it wouldn't connect. They had to get the carrier to fix it for them because reporting it found didn't remove the blacklist mark on it. It was on Bell I believe anyway, it might have been Telus. It was post-pay anyway and an iPhone 7 if that makes any difference.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsfx3:

If it's showing Plan Expired in red for status then you can't buy add-ons.

If it's showing active then a simple restart should start up the add-on.

Failing that then as above try the lost/stolen trick or the additional $1 trick (both of which a restart gets done anyway)

@Psygineer wrote:

@jsfx3 wrote:

Thanks for rth heads up about maintenance. The 19th is exactly when this started.

When you mentioned Monday, it made me think of it. PM usually makes a post about when maintenance is going to occur and I try my best to avoid doing anything account related on those days just because it can get a bit messed up.

You mentioned about Lost/Found being drastic and someone else told you it was safe. So far it does seem a bit of a miracle cure. It doesn't really do any harm, I suppose your phone gets blacklisted for a few minutes maybe, but as soon as you report it found it removes any negatives and refreshes your SIM/Account. I'd suggest doing that tomorrow morning if the addon still isn't working. While the maintenance should be over now, it might not be, but it will be by tomorrow (as they never posted it was being extended).

It doesn't blacklist your phone at all.  It deactivates your sim that is all.  It only prevents your phone being used on your PM plan.  When you go back in and say it is found it reactivates your sim,

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@jsfx3 wrote:

That seems drastic 😲 hoping it's.something the Mods can fix before the drive to to work tomorrow.

Thanks again

--jsfx3

The mods are gone for the day and won't be back until 9AM ET.  It can't hurt to do the phone lost trick. It gives your plan and SIM a little kick and might link the addon to your account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Psygineer

@jsfx3 wrote:

You mentioned about Lost/Found being drastic and someone else told you it was safe. So far it does seem a bit of a miracle cure. It doesn't really do any harm.  I'd suggest doing that tomorrow morning if the addon still isn't working. While the maintenance should be over now, it might not be, but it will be by tomorrow (as they never posted it was being extended).

jsfx3

@jsfx3

The lost/stolen trick sounds drastic, but it has worked for many customers that last several weeks.  It does no harm to your account at all.  It seems to reset your SIM card.  It has been used in different situations when the plan gets stuck.   Up to you though.....  It has saved time for quite a few people

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Psygineer

@jsfx3 wrote:

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes. Added 30, bought 1G add on, balance now showing 0. I'm pretty confident that's not the issue, as I have added the 1G add-on this way once before with no issue.

It's probably caused by the maintenance that was occurring between the 19th and 21st. I know my parent's plan expired and took quite some time to actually get the payment processed (auto-pay). I'm wondering if that is the issue here. You may have bought it at a bad time. If the lost/found trick didn't work, and rebooting the phone itself didn't work it may be an issue you should message the mods for. Sadly they are quite busy folks and may not see your message until after Thursday.

jsfx3

That seems drastic 😲 hoping it's.something the Mods can fix before the drive to to work tomorrow.

Thanks again

--jsfx3

jsfx3

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes. Added 30, bought 1G add on, balance now showing 0. I'm pretty confident that's not the issue, as I have added the 1G add-on this way once before with no issue.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jsfx3

Which add on did you buy?  

US roaming?  Data?  Long distance?  

Might want to try the lost/stolen phone trick.  

1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login.  Report your phone found.

This sometimes resets your sim and your account starts working again.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jsfx3 wrote:

Thanks!

--jsfx3

@jsfx3 wrote:

Thanks!

--jsfx3

Addons are a two step process.  Have you checked to see if you have money sitting in your available funds equal to the addon you would like to purchase.  You can verify if you have purchased it by lookinginto your selfserve and looking under the addon section to see if it is listed there.

Need Help? Let's chat.