cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought US roaming but no service

dzun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am in Kauai and just bought the $20 US roaming plan but am not getting any service. Please help. 

23 REPLIES 23

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Highlandsmokey wrote:

Hey guys....On my add-ons page, it shows a lot of US Roaming talk and text

@Highlandsmokey FYI this is why they are not working.  US Roaming Talk and US Roaming Text are not stackable, and having more than one of either of them active at the same time cripples that service.

The only way to fix this is to send the moderator team a private message and ask them to remove all but 1 each of US Roaming Talk and US Roaming Texting add-ons from you account.  Once they've done that, your services should work fine.  To contact them via private message, please see here:  How to Get Help

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Highlandsmokey

Hey guys....On my add-ons page, it shows a lot of US Roaming talk and text....I'm not getting service to call or text with....I added them cause I need them with that large data bundle, all week.....can you fix this please.

Highlandsmokey

Hey guys....On my add-ons page, it shows a lot of US Roaming talk and text....I'm not getting service to call or text with....I added them cause I need them with that large data bundle, all week.....can you fix this please.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That is definitely strange. Glad to hear the restart worked. 

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad it worked out!!

@morandi1963 wrote:

Problem solved: after another reboot, the ATT roaming connection succeeded.

Today's disconnection was strange, but all is good now 🙂

Thanks!

morandi1963

Problem solved: after another reboot, the ATT roaming connection succeeded.

Today's disconnection was strange, but all is good now 🙂

Thanks!

morandi1963

yes, thanks for your advice, but she also tried the reboot before with no success...

Ok, I will ask a moderator.

Thanks!

Noosiekins

Ah I asked cuz I went through the 250 on the first day... Sometimes a reboot does the trick. If not... Best contact a mod for help.

@morandi1963 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply, I just checked and only 23 MB were used out of the 250MB of the addon.

And she has no voice service either....

morandi1963

Thanks for the quick reply, I just checked and only 23 MB were used out of the 250MB of the addon.

And she has no voice service either....

Noosiekins

Hum did you check the usage and see if it's already all used up (in regards to data)

@morandi1963 wrote:

Hi,

my wife is in the USA (New York City) and her US-Roaming add-on stopped working this morning (it worked the FIRST day she was in the US, which was yesterday). We purchased 20$ of 10-days US roaming two days ago, the US Roaming add-on does appear in our profile as being "active", she turned on "data roaming" on her iphone, and tried to set the cellular carrier manually to ATT (it just spins when she tries to do that). So there is no voice, text or data service available to her...

This is weird since yesterday everything worked, but completely stopped today...

I appreciate your help!

Thanks

morandi1963

Hi,

my wife is in the USA (New York City) and her US-Roaming add-on stopped working this morning (it worked the FIRST day she was in the US, which was yesterday). We purchased 20$ of 10-days US roaming two days ago, the US Roaming add-on does appear in our profile as being "active", she turned on "data roaming" on her iphone, and tried to set the cellular carrier manually to ATT (it just spins when she tries to do that). So there is no voice, text or data service available to her...

This is weird since yesterday everything worked, but completely stopped today...

I appreciate your help!

Thanks

dzun

Thank you! Just tested and I was able to make a call on AT&T. I have one bar on signal strength and nothing on T- Mobile. Guess it wasn't strong enough for automatic to pick up. 

Noosiekins

Oh also! PM will send you a text when your data is running low. I was able to do another add-on (ontop of the add on) and once the 1st add on ran out, it started deducting from the 2nd add-on.

Noosiekins

When I went cross the border mid-October, I added the roaming/data and had the same problem.

I had to to make sure my phone wasn't set to "data off when roaming". Then I rebooted my phone. That seemed to work to pick up the partner network in the states.

photosbydan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dzun It looks like AT&T has the best coverage in the area, though not complete coverage.

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Best-Coverage-in-Hawaii-USA

Do you have AT&T or T-Mobile showing up on the top bar of your screen? 

Can you manually select the carrier?

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap Carrier.
  3. Tap the Automatic slider to Off.
  4. Tap the required network.

PM's US roaming partners are AT&T and T-mobile.

Sorry, I can't help with Iphone settings but on Android you can go into Cellular network settings. Turn on roaming and also choose your network operator, it will populate with the available carriers and you can manually connect to one.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

@dzun,

To message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team
to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dzun

How can I check if it is able to connect to the roaming partner network?

Could you point me to a mod who can help me? Not familiar with this. 

@dzun wrote:

Yes US Roaming and data appears under the My Data and Addons section in the overview page.

i have also turned on the roaming data option under cellular data options (iOS)

Is the phone able to connect to the roaming partner network?  It may be worthwhile to private message the moderator team to check if there is anything in the background that may be interfering with use of the addon. 

dzun

Yes US Roaming and data appears under the My Data and Addons section in the overview page.

i have also turned on the roaming data option under cellular data options (iOS)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dzun, as stated make sure you followed through with the 2 step process for purchasing the US addon.  Also you may need to manually select the network.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @dzun,

When you log into your account, do you see available funds of $20? If you do, that means you have only completed the first step of two in buying add-ons. You will now need to go back to the add-ons section and use the funds available to actually purchase the add-on you need.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Have you tried turning on Roaming? Confirm the add-on is added to your account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.