cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus gig data for 6 months for existing?

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just got this in my email, but it says activate by certain date, and the fine print says new customers only. Does toys mean they've emailed me something I can take 0 advantage of? (Without canceling, changing phone number, etc etc) ? I'm already on the 25 plan, just not a brand new customer. Probably SOL right? 😔

Screenshot_2020-06-23-17-08-06.png

13 REPLIES 13

Pawprints1986

That would accomplish absolutely nothing giving 10$ loyalty bonus and then charging us $10 more for plans. Would literally be buying your own loyalty lol

Most cell companies sell phones and end up offering deals on devices every so often to current costumers. Not the particular type of deal I'm looking for but they do offer something also. PM doesn't sell phones so the loyalty and autopay bonuses are their way of doing the same I think, just way smaller scale

But no companies bend over backwards for current customers anymore. See my above story re line of credit. 

I agree overall with companies in general that loyalty is a thing of the past 🤷 just my opinion/experience. Koodo did nothing to try to keep me either after 8 years when I was unhappy with a plan switch error that happened that they supposedly couldn't correct. Haven't even been offered a come back to us offer that I've heard most get. 

In my experience loyalty in large part is no more... 

@only1utd wrote:

not surprised only for new customers,  i guess being loyal this days gets you no where. 

I really get so tired of these arguments. No Subscription based companies throw gifts at existing customers but they all throw gifts at New Customers to get them to sign up, that is just how it works. I’m not sure when one crosses over from being a “New Customer“ to being a “Loyal Customer“. You have been on the community since the end of October so is It a little under 8 months when we receive the “Loyal Customer Badge”?

You should have been offered the two free Christmas gifts in December which is two free gifts more than most Cell phone customers get. And that is on top of referral bonuses if you’ve loyalty referred some customers to PM. And on top of Loyalty bonuses which you are more than half way towards your first of. 

Bottom line is They could give us all a $10 a month Loyal Customer credit as long as we don't mind the monthly cost of plans being increased by $10 across the board.

AE_Collector

Pawprints1986

@only1utd so true! Before covid I went to my 20+ year bank in search of a line of credit. They did NOTHING to lower the interest rates for us being loyal good paying customers. Found another better deal at another bank and went there. Loyalty means literally nothing to any businesses anymore. It's quite sad really... 

@only1utd wrote:

not surprised only for new customers,  i guess being loyal this days gets you no where. 

PM is in the business to make $$ so schemes to attract new customers are normal.

PM does have a Loyalty Reward  $1 per year of service every renewal. Then there's an Autopay Reward of $2 per renewal when you register your valid credit card and set Autopay. If you can entice any family or friends to PM, there's some on-going Reward to you then

In the last couple of years, PM has given all customers a couple different freebies...from 400 minutes of International Calling add-on as well as 1GB of data for gratis.

Stick around...I'm sure there's more offers and promo's coming and maybe even a little sumpthin' - sumpthin' for existing customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@only1utd wrote:

Well...last summer existing customers got a gig of data for nothing. This past Xmas we got another gig of data plus the 400 minute long distance add-on for nothing. We get a dollar a month for every year we're here up to $5.

I'm not even actually much of a fan of those lower price start costs and then it bumps up to a higher cost. Just give me a lower cost. But that's me.

only1utd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Ah ok, figured it was too good to be true lol. Everywhere does that these days it seems. "New customers get free $200 when you open a checking account" but existing get nothing lol. I signed up back in March, no offers floating around then... Bummer

If you have any family or friends who are considering PM...this would maybe just be the enticement they need. Then you can give them your referral code for your Reward entitlement.

Pawprints1986

Ah ok, figured it was too good to be true lol. Everywhere does that these days it seems. "New customers get free $200 when you open a checking account" but existing get nothing lol. I signed up back in March, no offers floating around then... Bummer

Just because someone is already a customer doesn’t mean that they aren’t watching for deals for other family members and friends. Especially when they give you $1 a month off for each referral you make! I’m glad they notify me by email since these have a 3 day or less sign up timeframe.

AE_Collector

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  You would have to signup as a new customer to take advantage of that promo offer.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

"Offer available to new customers..."...so.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes it's only for new activations.

You probably signed up to receive the promo emsils, that's why you got it.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Yes new activations only.

But there have been new activation promos every other week or so for 4-6 weeks now so there should have been an offer available for you around when you activated if you are a very new customer unless you weren’t really watching for one and just went ahead and activated. When I activated 18 months ago I had been studying and watching for promotions for well over a month and then I finally made the jump when there were two overlapping promotions so I snagged them both.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.