cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus 1GB data reset?

Ryip88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined Public in Dec 2019 and the plan at the time offered a bonus 1gb. I am wondering if this 1gb resets each month or if it's a one-time 1gb? Reason is because I got a text that I'm at 95% of my limit when my cycle was just renewed. I also saw other threads where this may be a bug?

The exact wording of the plan is:

- $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on

- 250 MB at 3G speed

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

danijel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The 1 GB promo, the data rolls over month after month if you have not used all the 1 GB, however once you have used all the 1 GB it's over. It's not 1 GB every month. You will see it in your account if you have any left over, if the promo is not there anymore that means you have used it all up, and it's done. 

@mpcdesign wrote:

@AE_Collector, one of the community users, I think it as @gblackma may who said, "you were missing in action for several months I see,"... it's shocking to see how people notice you if you're quiet or not. 

My mother and I were going through some health issues. My mom was going through cancer, while I was going through other stuff. Thankfully, my mother beat it, yah! Hence, the absence from the community. Hopefully, I can continue chatting it up, until I can't!

@mpcdesign  I'm sorry to hear about your family's health issues they can be tough slog but thrilled to hear you mom has beat the big C. Think positive and laughter can truly be the best medicine...trust me I know.

I am sorry to hear of your battles as well as your moms @mpcdesign . So you are saying you were likely distracted and didn't pick the free offers up in December or maybe thought you were to pick one or the other, not both.

Yes @hairbag1 , these offers were free but you had to select them from the normal list of add-ons but there was no charge for them. Besides here on the community I believe there were emails and text messages sent advising users of tge Christmas gifts.

AE_Collector

If I remember correctly...you had to "buy" the 1Gb of Free Holiday data and you also had to "buy" the 400 Minutes of International calling. Of course they were both FREE, but you had to actually get them yourself. 

Good to hear Mom beat cancer !! Enjoy her while you have her.

@AE_Collector, one of the community users, I think it as @gblackma may who said, "you were missing in action for several months I see,"... it's shocking to see how people notice you if you're quiet or not. 

My mother and I were going through some health issues. My mom was going through cancer, while I was going through other stuff. Thankfully, my mother beat it, yah! Hence, the absence from the community. Hopefully, I can continue chatting it up, until I can't!

@mpcdesign 

I am not sure what you did to only get the 1 Gb data add on in December while others got 400 minutes of international (not just US) calling from Canada instead... Both were available to be claimed for free at that time.

AE_Collector

As  @Anonymous  mentioned, there was one promo after another between a November and the beginning of January.  Most of that time the free 1Gb Holiday bonus data add-on was available which is a single one time block if data that kicks in at any time when you’ve used up your monthly 250 Mb of data. Once it’s gone, it’s gone. There were other promos that gave either 1Gb or 2Gb data bonus every month for a number of months (6?) or for as long as you stayed on that plan. But I believe they were larger data plans, not low data plans like the $15 plan. It looks like you’ve stretched your 1Gb bonus through 3 to 4 months now but it’s about done.

You can:

-buy another 1Gb add on for $30 which will behave just like the free one, possibly lasting you several months.

-Or you have to work at reducing data consumption to no more than 250Mb per month.

-Or you could bump up to the $25/month 1Gb plan and get unlimited outgoing Canada calling as well as 4 times as much data per month.

AE_Collector

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Ryip88, I wish that was the case and resets each month? You know, that would be the best plan ever, but nope. Once you use the promo data up, that's it. Granted, some of the community users here have more than one freebie add-on. I fluked out getting this 1 gig of data for free while others got the 400 minutes of US calling from Canada. I guess one needs to regularly check into the community account, and see what's up with the world aka Public Mobile's world!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ryip88  The bonus rolls over until used up To see if you used up you data@Ryip88 check your data usage history in your self service account  plans and add ons - usage history - set the the date range  from the date of renewal to today's date - tap the data usage header link to sort by it. This should give you and idea of if you used it or not.

@Ryip88  With only 250mb of plan data you should enable some data saving options in your phone. Set your data tracker to your renewal dates, enable your data saver so you only get updates when your on wifi, turn off wifi assist so you dont use mobile data when you occasionally get a weak signal. Set your data warning at 50% so you get plenty of warning of your usage and you can adjust your usage. Turn off background data usage in 95% of your apps...it really isn't necessary for your apps to work. Turn off mobile data if you don't need it...you can turn it on when needed or to send/recieve MMS. Download video or music only when your on wifi and avoid using YouTube or apps like Instagram or Facebook that have a lot of video clips while on mobile data as they can really burn thru your data. Shaw, telus and many other providers are offering their WiFi hotspots for free for the next month or so...take advantage of them while you can.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ryip88 

Several things were going on at the same time from Black Friday through to the new year. That exact wording is for a one-time data add-on gift. Seems you're on the $15 plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ryip88 wrote:

I joined Public in Dec 2019 and the plan at the time offered a bonus 1gb. I am wondering if this 1gb resets each month or if it's a one-time 1gb? Reason is because I got a text that I'm at 95% of my limit when my cycle was just renewed. I also saw other threads where this may be a bug?

The exact wording of the plan is:

- $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on

- 250 MB at 3G speed

Thanks!

Once your regular plan data is used up in the current cycle...then the Holiday Giveaway data will take over until the next renewal. The Holiday data stays on your account until it's used up...even if it takes several months or longer. Once it's finally used up, it's gone.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ryip88 

The Christmas promo bonus is a one time 1 GB data add on.  Unused portion will roll over to next month.  Once it is used up, the data add on will disappear from your Add on section in your overview page.  

It looks like you have the $15 plan with 250 MB data.  You can use up that amount of data fairly quickly.  Maybe check your data usage history.  You might want to screen shot your Add on section which will show your data and minute counters.  

Need Help? Let's chat.