cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus 1GB Data and Switching Plans

jaslets
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I'm new to the community page and I couldn't find an answer to this, if I just couldn't find it and it's out there sorry in advance, haha.

I want to set it to change my plan on my next renewal date, and a disclaimer said I lose all promotions when the switch happens. Does that include this bonus GB? If I set it to swap to a different pricepoint, does it disapear? Any help would be super appreciated

7 REPLIES 7

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Car wrote:

Thank you for asking this question!

I wanted to upgrade my plan but didn't want to loose the onetime 1gb bonus just provided.

Now I know its safe, I can happily upgrade!

Thank you to the questioner and everyone that provided answers:D

It's always good to know for sure before changing.  Just remember this rule applies to all add-ons purchased (except US add-ons), they stay with your account and are not affected by any plan changes.

Car
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for asking this question!

I wanted to upgrade my plan but didn't want to loose the onetime 1gb bonus just provided.

Now I know its safe, I can happily upgrade!

Thank you to the questioner and everyone that provided answers:D

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would still keep the 1 GB bonus and still keep your rewards.

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jaslets You better check out the original promotion you are on. 

If you are on the $50 8GB one to have $10 off for the first six month, here are the info:

Here’s what else you should know:

•     Only the Ready-made $50/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
  •     Eligible customers will pay $40/mo for months 1-6, then resume paying $50/mo from month 7 and onwards
  • If you switch your rate plan from $50/mo at regular price, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-August-21-get-the-50-8GB-plan-for...

Edwinklh3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Welcome 

To change your plan you just need login in to the self servise menu and click the link that says change plan, If you were active up to 11:59pm ET Aug 19 and remained active through Sep 4 then you should have received it. Seems some people aren't getting it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaslets wrote:

Hey, I'm new to the community page and I couldn't find an answer to this, if I just couldn't find it and it's out there sorry in advance, haha.

I want to set it to change my plan on my next renewal date, and a disclaimer said I lose all promotions when the switch happens. Does that include this bonus GB? If I set it to swap to a different pricepoint, does it disapear? Any help would be super appreciated

If you're still in any of those like $10 per month promos then you would lose the promo unless you continue with the promo stipulations. But you won't lose the gift 1gb either way.

Edit: ninja'd

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jaslets 

If you change plans, you will still keep the 1 GB data bonus.  If you had other promotions (like $10/month for 6 months), changing to lower plans might affect those promos (depends on terms and conditions of promo).

Need Help? Let's chat.