cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked USA Phone Numbers

thegman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see in the Termas and Conditions that for USA calling there are some numbers that PublicMobile blocks.

Is this the complete list, and will this ever change?

There are numbers I would like to call that are very close to whats listed, but do not match exactly the numbers that PublicMobile has listed as being banned.  (close as in instead of eg 123-123 being blocked, Im calling 123-129)

I know I could add $8 plan to try, but I would like to verify this first.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@thegman wrote:

I see in the Termas and Conditions that for USA calling there are some numbers that PublicMobile blocks.

There are numbers I would like to call that are very close to whats listed, but do not match exactly the numbers that PublicMobile has listed as being banned.  (close as in instead of eg 123-123 being blocked, Im calling 123-129)

Thanks

There numbers that you speak of are blocked partly I believe due to a very high cost to connect these calls.  If the number you are calling isn't a match to those that are not allowed, it should go through just fine. Customers are certainly free to contact moderators as they wish, but there will be a wait, and it's likely they'll provide the same information that you've already viewed.

@thegman 

You will need to private message an official employee.  It will take 1-2 days for response.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You can send a message to the moderators but they've been very busy...expect some delay in their response.

.Click this to message them.

thegman

@hairbag1 wrote:

If your call can't complete using a voip service because it's blocked, I suspect it'd still be blocked using PM.

Thats why I asked in the first place if this is the complete list of blocked numbers.  The actual number I want to call is close, but does not match the current list PM has listed.

Is there an official 'employee' that can verify that PM's list is up to date?

If your call can't complete using a voip service because it's blocked, I suspect it'd still be blocked using PM.

thegman

Actually all (at least all Ive tried) free calling apps (like textnow, google hangouts, etc) already have those numbers banned.  The numbers are in areas in which the host phone company charges rediculus prices to those calling them (or something like that), and thus banned by the free calling apps.  And probably why PM has banned them as well.  I think its calling traffic pumping or phone pumping or something like that.  (a lot of teleconferencing companies do this)

Thanks for the responses, I think I'll just bit the bullet and see if they work for the $8 plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@thegman wrote:

Thanks

You could get an app on your phone called TextNow. It's a free app and allows you to make free calls / texts to USA as long as you have a wifi signal. There's other free and almost free voip apps but I'm happy using TextNow.

Good luck.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@thegman 

That should be the complete list presently.  PM could add other numbers in the future.  Certain US numbers/areas in US charge Canadian companies extra charges. 

Need Help? Let's chat.