cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block numbers?

Simon4s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Am I able to block a number from pm website? Don't think I have that option on my phone. My last work boss still pocket dialed me once a week since I left that job four months ago..

6 REPLIES 6

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The numbers don't get blocked at the network level. They can only be blocked at your phone, but it will still kick the call to voicemail if you have voicemail activated.

Public Mobile does not offer any type of call blocking/screening services.  If you want to do that, you'll have to install some type of app that does this for you. There are some applications (some free) that can be installed on smartphones that will send calls directly to voicemail or even pick up and hang up on the number so that a vociemail message can't even be left.  Additionally, most modern smartphones have an option to send all calls directly to voicemail.

Rogers Wireless does offer the ability to block a specific phone number from calling you.  Throguh the use of that service, the caller receives a message saying that you're not accepting calls from that phone number.  I had that service before and it actually worked quite well.  However, Rogers generally/usually chargers more for plans that are equivalent to those offered by Pulic Mobile.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Simon4s What phone do you have?

there are options both in android and iPhone to block numbers. 

Please let us know so we can help you out. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you have an iPhone? If yes, I do it this way:

• In the "Recents" call log on the phone
  • I click on the circled i which is to the right of the caller name or number.
  • When clicked, you enter the screen where you can edit the phone number
  • At the bottom I can click  "Block this Caller"

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This question was asked not long ago by another customer.  No carrier offers this type of service.  All relatively modern phone dialer apps would offer a number blocking feature.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Simon4s!

I am not aware of any options in selfserve that would allow us to block numbers.  

Which phone do you have?  Maybe we can find a solution and someone with similar phone will share if they have a workaround for you.  

Need Help? Let's chat.