cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackfriday Deal Question

fkrauthan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am currently confused about your Blackfriday offering. Is this a recuring 5GB limit increase for data? Or do I just get 5GB data for use and when I used them I am "stuck" with the data my plan has?

Thanks,

Florian

25 REPLIES 25

@fkrauthan  Using the the "change on next renewal" option is a great tool pm offers. If a plan you want is announced by pm to be eliminated like the recently eliminated $10 plan and the $60US/Canada roaming plan you can schedule to switch to that plan on your next renewal even if it is after the plans elimination. As long as you do it before elimination date passes. It also gives you the option to change your mind. You can cancel the plan change, choose a different plan or remain on your current plan all the way up to the day /hour of your renewal. See how long you can stretch your bonus data add ons and keep an eye on the community to see if pm changes their mind and allows upgrading to a more expensive plan and allowing you to keep the the data add ons.

fkrauthan

Ah ok cool. Didn't know I can pick between the two modes myself.

@fkrauthan wrote:

Ah and for that I need to contact the Mods I assume to pre-arrange that (unless I remember todo it on the last day of my billing cycel)?

When changing your plan, the self serve website gives you the option to set the change to happen at the next renewal or to do it immediately. You ussually wouldn't want to select the immediate change option, regardeless of the date and how many days are left in your billing cycle. By performing an immediate change, you will always lose time left on the old plan during that billing cycle.  You don't need a moderator to perform a plan change.

fkrauthan

Ah and for that I need to contact the Mods I assume to pre-arrange that (unless I remember todo it on the last day of my billing cycel)?

@fkrauthan wrote:

Why exactly would you recommend to preschedule the upgrade? Given that the remaining data of 5GB stay on the account I was planning to stay on this plan till I am close to using all the data then switch (could be 2 months down the road). Or am I missing something and the current 40$ plan is some kind of promotion that if I don't upgrade soon I would miss out on the current offered data?

A plan change can only be scheduled ahead of time to automatically change during the very next renewal. Usually, you do not want to change a plan mid billing cycle. If you do that, you will lose the remainder of the plan that you are changing from and you will not receive a refund or credit from that towards your new plan.

fkrauthan

@computergeek541 wrote:

@fkrauthan wrote:

Yeah I just wish I would have signed up for the 40$ plan too. Gonna stick to the 35$ plan till my 5GB is used then switch to 40$ plan as the mods where not able to reset my plan. The 40$ plan is still an amazing deal especially if you use auto pay (which I personally do anyways).

I wouldn't be too concerned about being on the $35 plan. The trick is to make most of the 5GB add-on to last until the end of a billing cycle, but to have a plan change to the $40 change pre-scheduled to occur during the upcoming renewal.  The current $40 plan has been around for quite a while, and while you'll be receiving less of a credit ($35 vs. $40) for the free service promotion, you will also have paid $5 less for the initital plan activation. The other downside is how you're more likely to use up the add-on in a shorter amount of time being on the lower priced plan.

Why exactly would you recommend to preschedule the upgrade? Given that the remaining data of 5GB stay on the account I was planning to stay on this plan till I am close to using all the data then switch (could be 2 months down the road). Or am I missing something and the current 40$ plan is some kind of promotion that if I don't upgrade soon I would miss out on the current offered data?

@fkrauthan wrote:

Yeah I just wish I would have signed up for the 40$ plan too. Gonna stick to the 35$ plan till my 5GB is used then switch to 40$ plan as the mods where not able to reset my plan. The 40$ plan is still an amazing deal especially if you use auto pay (which I personally do anyways).

I wouldn't be too concerned about being on the $35 plan. The trick is to make most of the 5GB add-on to last until the end of a billing cycle, but to have a plan change to the $40 change pre-scheduled to occur during the upcoming renewal.  The current $40 plan has been around for quite a while, and while you'll be receiving less of a credit ($35 vs. $40) for the free service promotion, you will also have paid $5 less for the initital plan activation. The other downside is how you're more likely to use up the add-on in a shorter amount of time being on the lower priced plan.

fkrauthan

KB5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made the same mistake! Luckily the $40 plan has plenty of data for me anyways and the 5 Gigs bonus will come in handy eventually.

fkrauthan

Yeah in my case the London Drugs guy had no clue... Anyways I am still going to give public a go 🙂

Rainbe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same question I ended up going and asking in store and I ended up with the $40 plan

@wetcoaster wrote:

There were a couple of $25/$25 referral promos, I think late last / early this year. Unfortunately my time machine is broken. 😉

After a week or 10 days of research, I switched to PM on Dec 2, 2018 with the $10 credit for first 6 months promo AND the $25/$25 referal promo. I had to ask a lot of friends who their provider was before finally finding the lucky friend who would receive the other half of the $25 new customer credit!

The $25/$25 came and went a couple more times before I snagged it and the same $10 credit times 6 months to get my wife's plan converted as well. That was likely March or April this year. I'm not one to jump in until I'm reasonably certain I have hit the most opportune time to make the move. I believe that was the last time I saw the $25/$25 referal. We recently has the $20/$10 referal bonus where each party got $10 on top of the usual $10 that the new customer gets with a referal. Now they have flipped that around to the $10/$20 referal bonus with the existing customer getting $20. At least they are keeping it interesting!

AE_Collector

Another option if you have not ported in an existing number yet, (more work, more money, and it might work best with a dual SIM phone or an old one you can tether off):

Open a second account for the $40 plan, taking full advantage of the referral from your $35 account as well as the free month and 5GB add-on. Use the $35 account for "overflow" when you use up all the data in the $40 account. (I'd leave the 5GB promo add-on in the $40 account alone until all funds and data in the $35 plan is used up and you're able to let go of that one.)

@fkrauthan 

This is a prepaid provider. If you yourself do an immediate plan change (instead of changing on your next renewal) you will not get any money back and any remaining data will be forfeited.

It's not Public Mobile's mistake, so there is no obligation for them to help you out, but if you just signed up today you could try to make your case with a moderator (= Public Mobile Customer Representative) and ask them if they could change the plan for you. Be nice, accusations like you hinted on in this thread will not work in your favour.

To contact the moderators click on the question mark in the lower right corner of your screen. Ask the bot to contact a representative until it opens the ticket form for you.

fkrauthan

I need to think about it. Currently I am signed up for the 35$ plan because I assumed it gets bumped up to 6GB data. I would have to at least change to the 40$ plan to have at least somewhat the data limit I need but if I change now I will loose even the 5GB data credit...

@fkrauthan wrote:

The * on the bottom just says the standard "Conditions apply" which you usal find as normal conditions for addons are things like can not be combined or is only valid till you change your plan etc. I think this is very miss leading advertising. Borderline to shady business practice.

I understand that, I am not sure if you are a brand new customer to PM or not but normal conditions for PM add-ons are that they are a 1 time add-on and do not auto renew.  Hopefully you are still saving money with PM and will enjoy the service and stay.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

fkrauthan

The * on the bottom just says the standard "Conditions apply" which you usal find as normal conditions for addons are things like can not be combined or is only valid till you change your plan etc. I think this is very miss leading advertising. Borderline to shady business practice.

@Luddite wrote:

@fkrauthan wrote:

Oh ok. The website and advertising is very confusing and missleading as it is not fully clear. I signed up under the assumption that its a upgrade of extra 5GB data per month...

Frustrating, that.

BYW: did you notice the $20 credit you will get if a friend uses your referral code? This is the best deal for a referral I have seen in 4 years.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/For-a-limited-time-Get-an-extra-20-Cred...

There were a couple of $25/$25 referral promos, I think late last / early this year. Unfortunately my time machine is broken. 😉

@fkrauthan wrote:

Yeah but the websites first page says:

Black Friday savings are here!
Get one month free & a free 5GB data Add-On* when you activate online or in-store.

To me getting a 5GB Data add-on suggest an upgrade to my data volume available on the plan not a one time credit.

With the * there I would be looking around the bottom of the page to see what it means

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@fkrauthan wrote:

Oh ok. The website and advertising is very confusing and missleading as it is not fully clear. I signed up under the assumption that its a upgrade of extra 5GB data per month...

Frustrating, that.

BYW: did you notice the $20 credit you will get if a friend uses your referral code? This is the best deal for a referral I have seen in 4 years.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/For-a-limited-time-Get-an-extra-20-Cred...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fkrauthan

Yeah but the websites first page says:

Black Friday savings are here!
Get one month free & a free 5GB data Add-On* when you activate online or in-store.

To me getting a 5GB Data add-on suggest an upgrade to my data volume available on the plan not a one time credit.

@fkrauthan wrote:

Sorry to hear about the misunderstanding in the promotional announcement thread it states a onetime bonus of 5GB of data 

5gb.JPG

fkrauthan

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@fkrauthan That 5 GB bonus is a 1 time add-on. Add-ons are used when the main plan has used all its allowance, but remain until used, even it that is several months.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@fkrauthan wrote:

Hello,

I am currently confused about your Blackfriday offering. Is this a recuring 5GB limit increase for data? Or do I just get 5GB data for use and when I used them I am "stuck" with the data my plan has?

Thanks,

Florian

It is a one time data bonus that will sit on your account until fully consumed.  So if you have a plan of 1.5 gb but one 30 day period you use 2 gb you will use 500mb of your bonus data leaving you with 4.5gb left.  Also right now you get your second 30 day period free if you purcahse a qualifying plan

Need Help? Let's chat.