cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday vs Boxing Day Deal

franxine02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Noticed that Black Friday deal is way better done Boxing Day. I remember that the $35 or up plan have additional 4G/4.5G Data if not mistaken but for Black Friday thy only have 1month Free, am I right? Thinking to move another plan to PM but I guess I need to wait for another Black Friday deal.

7 REPLIES 7

@Rj3k  Its important to remember the black friday deal was for black friday...thatvcomes once a year. I would say there are really good deals maybe three or four times a year. Is it worth waiting for that and paying higher fees elsewhere? Probably not.

The 5gb data add on promo was extra icing on the cake but unless you used them up first (they do roll over each month til used) you could not change your plan or lose them. Those who chose the $35+ plan discovered that the $40 plan w/5gb for $5 more was a way better deal but they would have to wait to change.

It's likely the bonus $20 referral credit will continue for a couple more weeks but you never know. The second month free is still a pretty good deal. It has the flexibility to apply on any plan and if you downgrade for the second month you can maximize the credit. Choosing the $40 plan w/autopay and changing to the $25 on the second month will give you 3 months of service and an $8 account balance. Choosing to change to the $15 will give you 5 months of service free.

Activate at Wal-Mart or a price matching retailer will get you a free SIM based on Wal-Mart s boxing week special of a free sim with in store activation. It's still a pretty good promo if you ask me.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile has promos all the time.  They never last long but are repeated over and over again.  Miss one, don't worry, it will repeat.  

Rj3k
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for clarification! i thought the addons 5G is forever in the account. Anyway I will check what's the best plan in there. 

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@franxine02 I don't necessarily agree. But your options are your own.

Consider this:

Currently, sign up for the $40 plan, use a referal code from your own account and you get...

$10 credit on the new account (get this no matter when you sign up so lets discount that)

$20 credit on the old account

$40 credit for the 2nd month

equals $60 gained (not in the Black Friday sale)

After you get the credit, switch the new account AT NEXT RENEWAL to the $25 1GB plan with autopay, you'll get two months free ($50) and still have $10 left in Additional funds.

If the new user, intends to be a low data user (ie choosing the $35 over the $40 plan), this might be the better deal. Your choice, but if you want this one act fast. Could end anytime!

For clarity, the Boxing day deal offered a 5gb ONE-TIME addon that expired only when you used it OR changed to a different plan. And the $35 plan offers 1.5GB per month each cycle on autopay.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@franxine02 I don't necessarily agree. But your options are your own.

Consider this:

Currently, sign up for the $40 plan, use a referal code from your own account and you get...

$10 credit on the new account (get this no matter when you sign up so lets discount that)

$20 credit on the old account

$40 credit for the 2nd month

equals $60 gained (not in the Black Friday sale)

After you get the credit, switch the new account AT NEXT RENEWAL to the $25 1GB plan with autopay, you'll get two months free ($50) and still have $10 left in Additional funds.

If the new user, intends to be a low data user (ie choosing the $35 over the $40 plan), this might be the better deal. Your choice, but if you want this one act fast. Could end anytime!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

They have those deals from time to time and they do intersect and stack. If you are not getting slaughtered by your current provider you can wait. Do dinner math and then decide how long it makes sense to wait.

Cheers

And welcome to public mobile

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@franxine02  Sign up for deal alerts. Click here.

Need Help? Let's chat.