cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Black Friday deals

I just checked my calendar and it started around Dec 2 last year. 

Mayor / Maire

I have a feeling the black Friday deals for existing customers will be the $30/2.5gb and $50/9.5gb that Quebec customers are being offered

$50/9.5gb I'm ready for it!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got this text from PM about an hour ago:

"Need a new phone? Our friends at Koodo have awesome Black Friday deals right now like $530 off the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE at $0 upfront with the Tab. Skip the connection fee and get $120* in bill credits since you're with Public Mobile. Use promo code... at koodomobile.com.

*Eligible on plans above $40. Credits applied as $10 off for 12 mo. Offer not stackable with other promotions like bonus data."

Did anybody else get a text like this? I'm currently on a $25 plan.

Oracle

@hilaary  I just got the same message.  On the 40$ pm plan.

Offer is pretty unenticing to be honest. Not going anywhere.

Just got this text as well.  Trying to figure out how it works. 

Do we get to keep our current PM plan?  I don't want to switch.

Mayor / Maire

@hilaary wrote:

I got this text from PM about an hour ago:

"Need a new phone? Our friends at Koodo have awesome Black Friday deals right now like $530 off the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE at $0 upfront with the Tab. Skip the connection fee and get $120* in bill credits since you're with Public Mobile. Use promo code... at koodomobile.com.

*Eligible on plans above $40. Credits applied as $10 off for 12 mo. Offer not stackable with other promotions like bonus data."

Did anybody else get a text like this? I'm currently on a $25 plan.

They are asking you to move over to Koodo from PM???

Mayor / Maire

@Tenderoni  No you don't. They migrate you over to Koodo then you're their client at their prices.

Got the same one:

, Public Mobile here. Need a new phone? Our friends at Koodo have awesome Black Friday deals right now like $155 off the iPhone 11 at $0 upfront with the Tab. Skip the connection fee and get $120* in bill credits since you're with Public Mobile. Use promo code P2KBLACKFRI + validation code  at choosehappy.koodomobile.com/brightfriday.

*Eligible on plans above $40. Credits applied as $10 off for 12 mo. Offer not stackable with other promotions like bonus data. Reply 'unsubscribe' to opt out of Public Mobile offers and deals.

Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

They are asking you to move over to Koodo from PM???

PM has been used as an instrument for Koodo/Telus migration before.

They're a little more discreet about it now. Because a couple years ago they had an ongoing series of escalating (but botched) Koodo migration bribes which ended up turning into quite a gong show. It created a lot of disenfranchised PM customers and (for a time) a lot of bad rep for PM online.

@Jb456 Thanks for the clarification. This is what I was trying to understand as well. 

Need Help? Let's chat.