cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday deals

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any Black Friday deals for public mobile???? Any in past years.

41 REPLIES 41

Yasehtor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh well, the service was great!😊

@Yasehtor wrote:

I signed up for the $15 plan.. got a free SIM card.. better than nothing.

sure but in many cases, stores would have given you the free SIM card even it weren't currenlty black friday

Yasehtor

I signed up for the $15 plan.. got a free SIM card.. better than nothing.

minnie2000

Yup your absolutely right. I get a lot of marketing phone calls from Telus at home & every-time I tell them I am already kind of with you guys. I let them know I am with Public Mobile which immediately quiets them. They have verified that Public Mobile is their sister company & always tell me that there is no way they could give/offer/match a better deal than the one I have with Public. In fact they always seem quite surprised as to my plan details & prices we pay for the plans with Public Mobile...in a good way. For now, my family will be staying with PublicMobile😁

mrbojsza
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. I will stay 🙂

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mrbojsza  You must be, or become, a Koodo customer to purchase one of their phones. 

mrbojsza

Received yesterday but don't see a FE version. Also it appears my 25$ plan won't work? 

Can someone show me the phone and if being on a 25$ plan excludes me from the deal. 

Me, Public Mobile here. Need a new phone? Our friends at Koodo have awesome Black Friday deals right now like $530 off the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE at $0 upfront with the Tab. Skip the connection fee and get $120* in bill credits since you're with Public Mobile. Use promo code P2KBLACKFRI + validation code 1xxxxxxxxxx at choosehappy.koodomobile.com/brightfriday.

*Eligible on plans above $40. Credits applied as $10 off for 12 mo. Offer not stackable with other promotions like bonus data. Reply 'unsubscribe' to opt out of Public Mobile offers and deals. 

@mimmo @computergeek541

Yeah, what you say essentially agrees with my own observations and conclusion.

I was half-hoping Mods or Oracles might attempt to say something "official" to convince me otherwise, lol. I guess that means we're all brand-ambassadors for Telus in disguise.

@Korth wrote:

@computergeek541 

What is Public Mobile's primary objective ...

Constantly attempt to acquire new customers?

Or constantly attempt to migrate existing customers up to the next tier of the Telus revenue chain?

Are they an independent business able to assert their own goals? Or are they merely a Telus department - a Telus marketing brand - headquartered in the Telus tower?

I do not believe that either Koodo or Public are business entities but are rather only trademarked brand names. The only difference with Public Mobile is how it used to be a seperate company.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@minnie2000 https://www.publicmobile.ca/phone-section

@Korth  I believe they are a department of Telus, who's objective is to compete with lucky and chatr and drive people towards Telus and Koodo once plans offered are no longer suitable. 

@computergeek541 

What is Public Mobile's primary objective ...

Constantly attempt to acquire new customers?

Or constantly attempt to migrate existing customers up to the next tier of the Telus revenue chain?

Are they an independent business able to assert their own goals? Or are they merely a Telus department - a Telus marketing brand - headquartered in the Telus tower?

@hilaary wrote:

I got this text from PM about an hour ago:

"Need a new phone? Our friends at Koodo have awesome Black Friday deals right now like $530 off the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE at $0 upfront with the Tab. Skip the connection fee and get $120* in bill credits since you're with Public Mobile. Use promo code... at koodomobile.com.

*Eligible on plans above $40. Credits applied as $10 off for 12 mo. Offer not stackable with other promotions like bonus data."

Did anybody else get a text like this? I'm currently on a $25 plan.

Public Mobile's idea of a Black Friday special is to get customers to switch to Koodo? 

minnie2000

No I haven’t. Where would I find phones through them?

mimmo

@minnie2000 the offer is for moving whole service to koodo. 

Can't believe I am suggesting this have you looked at the cpo phones public is offering?

minnie2000

One just came out today in a text I received. It’s regarding new phones with Koodos. Does anyone know if we are able to sign up for the deal but keep Public Mobile as our cell provider? I know they are sister companies, it would make sense...but I could not find the answer anywhere. I would like to stay with Public Mobile, but wouldn’t mind getting a new phone.

Spike77

Thanx for heads up

@gpixel 

They issued the offers to targeted customers, five or six "waves" of offers, each better (more data) than the ones which had already been rejected. And each spawning a dozen active threads in the community.

It created a situation where people who'd accepted the offers were unhappy that they didn't get (and couldn't get) the better offers. Where people who wanted the best offers were uncertain how long they should hold out, take what's on the table now or gamble that PM will (again) throw more chips down. Where people who never received any offers were unhappy that there was no way for them to sign up. And of course PM never revealed exactly what criteria or conditions were involved in their selection process, what qualifies or disqualifies a customer from receiving such offers.

It wasn't helped at all by PM and Koodo evidently not coordinating or communicating things very well. Many complaints because different Koodo reps at different Koodo stores would accept or reject the offers on Koodo criteria (Koodo plans and prices), most didn't think the PM offers (or screenshots and messages of them) were legit.

It wasn't helped at all by PM Self-Serve portals and Mods being completely overwhelmed by the response. Wait times for eager or frustrated customers sometimes queued up for weeks. Very tense for many because each offer had a deadline, billing cycles have deadlines, number ports have deadlines, a whole lot of worries when you only have days to get things done but you must wait weeks to get things going.

It wasn't helped at all by the small print details being quite restrictive. Many customers who accepted the move to Koodo lost all funds, add-ons, and rewards in their accounts. Some even lost their phone numbers because Koodo and PM (and CRTC rules of the time) weren't really working together.

Some of these PM customers ended up with spectacular deals at Koodo. Many did not. Many of those who returned to PM a month or two later had to start all over from scratch. The whole thing was badly conceived, badly implemented, and badly unsuccessful. A costly embarassment PM has not repeated.

Yet they've continued quietly and carefully targeting some customers with migration offers since then, most PM customers aren't aware of this simply because they've never received any of these offers.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Another-Koodo-Migration-35-5GB-or-...

@Korth Koodo migration bribes which ended up turning into quite a gong show. It created a lot of disenfranchised PM customers and (for a time) a lot of bad rep for PM online

lol I've just received a text for a Koodo migration from 5179. get that stuff outta here boy!

Tenderoni

@Jb456 

Thanks. Figured it was too good to be true.  No interest in losing out on my PM $40 plan.

@dhsundbe @Spike77 

You both should edit your posts by clicking the 3 dots on right of your post. Remove your phone number as this is a public forum and everyone can see it.

EDIT - Thanks @mimmo 

Spike77

I got same message why tf woul I move to koodoo     

Hey Carey, Public Mobile here. Need a new phone? Our friends at Koodo have awesome Black Friday deals right now like $155 off the iPhone 11 at $0 upfront with the Tab. Skip the connection fee and get $120* in bill credits since you're with Public Mobile. Use promo code P2KBLACKFRI + validation choosehappy.koodomobile.com/brightfriday.

*Eligible on plans above $40. Credits applied as $10 off for 12 mo. Offer not stackable with other promotions like bonus data. Reply 'unsubscribe' to opt out of Public Mobile offers and deals.

Edit by mimmo removed tel number

normf

Got the same text. First trying to get us to switch to Telus, now Koodo. What’s going on PM?

hilaary

@Jb456 Thanks for the clarification. This is what I was trying to understand as well. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

They are asking you to move over to Koodo from PM???

PM has been used as an instrument for Koodo/Telus migration before.

They're a little more discreet about it now. Because a couple years ago they had an ongoing series of escalating (but botched) Koodo migration bribes which ended up turning into quite a gong show. It created a lot of disenfranchised PM customers and (for a time) a lot of bad rep for PM online.

dhsundbe

Got the same one:

, Public Mobile here. Need a new phone? Our friends at Koodo have awesome Black Friday deals right now like $155 off the iPhone 11 at $0 upfront with the Tab. Skip the connection fee and get $120* in bill credits since you're with Public Mobile. Use promo code P2KBLACKFRI + validation code  at choosehappy.koodomobile.com/brightfriday.

@Tenderoni  No you don't. They migrate you over to Koodo then you're their client at their prices.

@hilaary wrote:

"Need a new phone? Our friends at Koodo have awesome Black Friday deals right now like $530 off the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE at $0 upfront with the Tab. Skip the connection fee and get $120* in bill credits since you're with Public Mobile. Use promo code... at koodomobile.com.

*Eligible on plans above $40. Credits applied as $10 off for 12 mo. Offer not stackable with other promotions like bonus data."

They are asking you to move over to Koodo from PM???

Tenderoni

Just got this text as well.  Trying to figure out how it works. 

Do we get to keep our current PM plan?  I don't want to switch.

mimmo

@hilaary  I just got the same message.  On the 40$ pm plan.

Offer is pretty unenticing to be honest. Not going anywhere.

hilaary

Need Help? Let's chat.