cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Existing Customer promo

micha447
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I would like to change my plan but was hoping existing customers would be presented with a black friday discount.  Does anyone know of any promotions for existing customers?

15 REPLIES 15

I don't have the 9.5 plan in my change plan section. (Quebec) only. 8.5. guess it's just for new signups.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Also Quebec only?

AE_Collector

For $50, the plan only includes 8.5GB for all other provinces and territories. From what I've seen the question was only asked of the $30 plan. I believe that the $50 9.5GB plan is also somethng that Public Mobile should honor for all customers in Quebec because I see it being as advertised as a plan rather than as a promotion. That's only my opinion and that will be up to Public Mobile to decide and clarify.

Also Quebec only?

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector there is also a $48/9.5gb plan that I'm interested in

Oh yes you are correct, existing customers there CAN change to that plan. I forgot that. The only tricky part was for existing customers already on the same plan but at $5 higher price.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

Isnt “the Quebec Promo” for new customers only? The $30 plan versus $35 for everyone else? If so, you don't mean offer “existing customers the Quebec Promo”, you mean make it the Black Friday New Customer promo available to all new customers.

AE_Collector

Catherine made a statement for Public Mobile confirming that it is availble to all customers in Quebec, although I do not believe that the process is seemless and that a moderator needs to apply the discount.

Isnt “the Quebec Promo” for new customers only? The $30 plan versus $35 for everyone else? If so, you don't mean offer “existing customers the Quebec Promo”, you mean make it the Black Friday New Customer promo available to all new customers.

AE_Collector

that's disappointing pm didn't offer existing customers the Quebec promo for black friday

@hwassink wrote:

There was a BF promotion for plans costing $30 or $35 and up.  I saw it advertised on FB.

I wouldn't really call this a Black Friday promotion. The $5 off for 6 renewal is a rather weak offer, reagardless.

hwassink
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There was a BF promotion for plans costing $30 or $35 and up.  I saw it advertised on FB.

Last year PM had some great Black Friday deals but these were all New Customer promos, never existing customers. In my two years here there have never been any existing customer promos such as discounts. However, they DO give out gifts to existing customers from time to time to say Thanks for sticking around. On two separate occasions in 2019 (late August and at Christmas time) there were free gifts and so far this year there were gifts for BC and Alberta customers a few months ago.

Even though I was 100% wrong on my guess that there would be a decent Black Friday New Customer promo this year I still expect that PM will hand out a few goodies in the next month to existing customers.

So don't lose any sleep waiting for some sort of discount for existing customers, has never happened before and I highly doubt it will in the future. But check back here frequently over the next month to learn if there are any free gifts need to be claimed in your self serve.

AE_Collector

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

There were no Black Friday deals offered to existing customers except that one that some got to port out to Koodo for some account credits.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

There is not.

Click change plan then pick a new plan.

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan.

2= Change at next renewal. The choice most want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What you see in self serve options for plans is what you get.

Need Help? Let's chat.