cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Deals?

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What BF deals were avail last year w PM?     Can we anticipate in the $20-$25 range?   Currently on $10 PM plan.       

26 REPLIES 26

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amanda2002 I'm betting you're using an iPhone or a Google Pixel phone (or Nexus phone).  Is that right?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@amanda2002 wrote:

i was with ChatR and $10 plan.

today i port to Publice mobile and lots of bad expariences already!

1. PM website telling that free sim and 1 month free for black friday if i do it to WOW mobile, walmart etc. i been in walmart and they said their system down! i went to wow and they said nop, there is nothink about it! so why PM playing with people?

2.$10 plan, i have 50 min outgoing and incoming call and 50 outgoing text, unlimited incoming text, voice mail and call display.

after porting and activated to public mobile, i saw 3 text gone!!!!!! this 3 text i never used!!!!!!

so, tested from another phone to send text massage; it did not go through, then i try 3 more times. did not go through!! just 1 time went through, when, i open internet for both phone. this 4 was incoming for public mobile. so i look at the computer for my uses. i surprised that public mobile eat mytotal 7 out of %0 text!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Is not a Public Mobile problem, but the store's / clerk's. As an informed customer you could have shown the person this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-From-November-23-to-25-Get-a... to get the free SIM. The free second month will show up as a credit / available funds equal to your first month's plan cost in your self serve account within 5 days.

2. It's my understanding that these messages were sent by your phone to its server to update provider settings.

There have been reports of new customers who got in touch with the moderator team (= Public Mobile's customer service team) and politely asked for an adjustment to the message counter to compensate for the set-up messages.

Please be aware that the moderators are working on a first come, first serve basis, and will get back to you as soon a they can. This can take up to 72 hours.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

amanda2002
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i was with ChatR and $10 plan.

today i port to Publice mobile and lots of bad expariences already!

1. PM website telling that free sim and 1 month free for black friday if i do it to WOW mobile, walmart etc. i been in walmart and they said their system down! i went to wow and they said nop, there is nothink about it! so why PM playing with people?

2.$10 plan, i have 50 min outgoing and incoming call and 50 outgoing text, unlimited incoming text, voice mail and call display.

after porting and activated to public mobile, i saw 3 text gone!!!!!! this 3 text i never used!!!!!!

so, tested from another phone to send text massage; it did not go through, then i try 3 more times. did not go through!! just 1 time went through, when, i open internet for both phone. this 4 was incoming for public mobile. so i look at the computer for my uses. i surprised that public mobile eat mytotal 7 out of %0 text!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Effort

Free sim and second month free have become a monthly to bi-monthly deal for Public Mobile.

That's pretty effective as a deal to wait for if you're not a customer yet.

As for a specific plan made for Black Friday, I wouldn't count on it. Unless another third tier company does it first and Public Mobile does it to for competition, it probably won't happen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TMS wrote:

which of u posters r PM employees?

If you see an orange PM or a blue MOD then they are the employees. The orange star are the so-called Oracles who have earned their way there by huge participation on the forum and they are fellow customers as well. The rest of us are the rest of us.

TMS

i was curious as to what you PAY, since u were so opiniated in regards to LOWER priced plans.

TMS

...how in god s name would i even...how about retracting your accusation?

TMS

@will13am wrote:

@TMS wrote:

@will13am optimism!     what plan do u have?

I cannot tell you that.  You want to mine my phone number like this other character who was asking people with certain plans to offer him a referral. 

what? NO!!! 

@TMS wrote:

I cannot tell you that.  You want to mine my phone number like this other character who was asking people with certain plans to offer him a referral. 

TMS

TMS

@will13am wrote:

@TMS wrote:

do u work for PM? u could line up in the anti sarcasm line. jk    seriously, do u agree canada s rates r fair? @will13am

No I don't.  That said, I am trying to be realistic. No point in hoping for something that won't happen.  

@will13am wrote:

@TMS wrote:

do u work for PM? u could line up in the anti sarcasm line. jk    seriously, do u agree canada s rates r fair? @will13am

No I don't.  That said, I am trying to be realistic. No point in hoping for something that won't happen.  

it ll happen, just not as soon as id like

@TMS wrote:

TMS

which of u posters r PM employees?

TMS

TMS

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

@popping wrote:

The free next month promo at PM is popular recently.  We may have another promo this weekend before Canadian Thankgiving sales.

How about a plan for 20-25 w data as a special/promo?

Let me know if you find a carrier who offer $20 - $25 with data.  I will switch my spouse who uses less than 100MB data per month.

will do! get her go voip.ms with fido/koodo 3gb at $15

popping

@TMS wrote:

@popping wrote:

The free next month promo at PM is popular recently.  We may have another promo this weekend before Canadian Thankgiving sales.

Let me know if you find a carrier who offer $20 - $25 with data.  I will switch my spouse who uses less than 100MB data per month.

The first big thing was they Fall 2016 Promo, which lasted into late December.  There were a few directed at new customer promos after that for the same deal, and also specific to Freedom Mobile port-ins.  Nothing scheduled, nothing repeating at the same time, etc.

Holidays rarely mean anything here for deals, especially when limited time offers never end as we currently see with the top three premodern plans in the pick list.

You probably have a better chance to win 6/49 on Black Friday weekend than expecting a new sale from Public Mobile.

@TMS wrote:

@popping wrote:

My guess is the threshold level is too low.  Right now you are looking at $25 for talk and text.  $20 would be a discount already and you want 2GB of data added on top.  Please tell me where I should line up for this deals. 

TMS

@popping wrote:

...that isnt a sign up promo. 🙂

TMS

@popping wrote:

popping

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile is not known for doing promos during sales events. It is random and no one knows when they will launch another promo. 

TMS

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@TMS wrote:

What BF deals were avail last year w PM?     Can we anticipate in the $20-$25 range?   Currently on $10 PM plan.       

You can find the old reports on red flag deals and other deal bonanza sites that are expired.

Unless you are in, you are out. We don't know whats going to happen... and if you are in then releasing information early will probably get you out. Anything else is just speculation / guessing and whats the point of this?

Go leafs. 

Deals last year on BF?   GO LEAFS GO  🙂

TMS

@Mellyp wrote:

I have been with public  mobile for 6 months and they are always having deals

looking for unl calls, texts, 1GB data, 2GB ....$20-$25.....REMEMBER, BF is 2b KING of deals!

Mellyp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been with public  mobile for 6 months and they are always having deals

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TMS wrote:

You can find the old reports on red flag deals and other deal bonanza sites that are expired.

Unless you are in, you are out. We don't know whats going to happen... and if you are in then releasing information early will probably get you out. Anything else is just speculation / guessing and whats the point of this?

Go leafs. 

Need Help? Let's chat.