cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday 5GB one time add-on

sleffer7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

For months now I keep getting notifications that I've used all my data within a very short time period. It was odd because I felt I had a lot of data available to me (currently have 1.5GB @$35 plus 5GB with the Black Friday Promo when I first signed up). Now looking further I see that my BF Promo keeps showing cycle 1/1 and data used 5120/5120 and it doesn't reset. I know it used to reset and thinking back this change likely aligned with the timing of me running out of data early. So likely I'm not getting access to this extra data for at least the past 3-4 months. I have not changed my plan since being with PM and I understood that this promo didn't go away. Can anyone help to get the data available to me again?

edited by computergeek541: picture removed from message

9 REPLIES 9

@darlicious wrote:

You should though schedule a change plan on next renewal to the newly updated $35 plan that now has 2.5gb of plan data plus the 500mb autopay bonus data =3gb. ($35/3gb) Seeing that you made the 5gb promo data add on last nearly 20 months using on average 250mb a month the new $35 plan will give you plenty of extra plan data to use.

Proceed with caution.

Add-ons remain attached to account until fully consumed, they remain available after you change your plan.

Promotions are often conditional. Some can be lost forever once you change away from promo plan. Or once a limited period of time (usually 6 months?) is done.

Before you change your plan you should read the announcement details specific to your plan. Read the details (and fine print) in your Self-Serve. Read what they actually say, not what you want them to say. And ask questions when details remain unclear. You (and the PM reps) may not be able to undo the loss of an impulsive mistake.

sleffer7

@esjliv no it was the 2019 Promo 🙂 Thanks!

@sleffer7 

Yes perhaps it was just a misunderstanding between rolling the unused data over every month vs resetting the data every month as ongoing....

The good thing is you have discovered that the $35 plan has more plan data now. Try to check in to the community once a month and at the very least read the announcements for the past month. As there are always new improvements or changes at public mobile. There are new international calling add ons, 2FA for sim swaps, more data in the $35 and $50 plans and a new $70/15.5gb plan and so on......

Enjoy all that extra plan data!

sleffer7

Thanks everyone. Yes I understood it was ongoing each month and other months I swore it reset back to 0. I also checked the community and others had the same promo from 2019 and were told that it was ongoing each month and would roll over any extra data to the following month. But, as mentioned, it doesn't look like I go over much so I will update my plan to the new $35 plan including 2.5GB and 500 extra with autopay. I appreciate the replies. 🙂

@sleffer7 

The 5gb bonus data add on was a one time add on so once used up it disappears from your account and does not get renewed.

The info you supplied tells you what the add on entails.

• Black Friday 5gb one time promotional data add on......promo name and type of data
  • 0/5120mb to 5120/5120mb........the data (used) counter(starts at 0 as used til done 5120)
  • 1/1....... indicates how many in your case only one (1) and/or how many remaining but can be 0/6, 0/8, 0/12, 0/24 ( usually indicating a month counter) or it will list "unlimited" like the current 2GBBONUS promocode that gives a 2gb bonus monthly plan data for as long as you keep your rate plan will have it listed as "unlimited".

You should though schedule a change plan on next renewal to the newly updated $35 plan that now has 2.5gb of plan data plus the 500mb autopay bonus data =3gb. ($35/3gb) Seeing that you made the 5gb promo data add on last nearly 20 months using on average 250mb a month the new $35 plan will give you plenty of extra plan data to use.

If you also had the "more the merrier" holiday data add on gifts from 2019(1gb) and 2020(2gb) you were still only using an extra 400mb per month on average so you will still be well served by the new $35/3gb (w/autopay) plan's plan alottment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It says it in the promo box..."one-time add-on". This was not a recurring bucket of data.

I believe it's still there because you have barely a few 10's of kilobytes of it left. When next you use all your plan data it will finally finish up the last bit of that bucket. Then it _should_ disappear and data will stop until you buy another add-on or renew (early or normal).

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sleffer7 

Or was it in 2019? This was a ONE TIME thing.

So once used up, after Plan Data is gone each cycle, than your addon is gone as well.

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 businessdays of activation.

LINK: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-OFFER-2nd-Month-Free-BLACK-FRIDAY-S...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sleffer7 wrote:

Hi!

For months now I keep getting notifications that I've used all my data within a very short time period. It was odd because I felt I had a lot of data available to me (currently have 1.5GB @$35 plus 5GB with the Black Friday Promo when I first signed up). Now looking further I see that my BF Promo keeps showing cycle 1/1 and data used 5120/5120 and it doesn't reset. I know it used to reset and thinking back this change likely aligned with the timing of me running out of data early. So likely I'm not getting access to this extra data for at least the past 3-4 months. I have not changed my plan since being with PM and I understood that this promo didn't go away. Can anyone help to get the data available to me again?

edited by computergeek541: picture removed from message

Hello @sleffer7 

Was this a one time add-on (as your subject is titled)? If so, when it is used up it is gone.

Or was it for so many months?

I see a $5 off for 6 months Black Friday promo last year (2020):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Black-Friday-Sale-Get-5-off-for-6-month...

Which promo are you referring to?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sleffer7  you might want to cross out the personal info.. it's an open forum and you don't want everyone see them    

go back to your post... click the 3 dots and modify.  🙂  (update:  thanks @computergeek541 for removing the screenshot)

What do you meant by " BF Promo keeps showing cycle 1/1 and data used 5120/5120"

Your screenshot does not have Black Friday data promo.  when the Add-On not showing there, that means it's used up already.  BF promo is a one time data bonus, was it?

Need Help? Let's chat.