cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday 2G Bonus

SW1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is this promo only for new to PM customers?? I’d like to get the $35 plan for my son especially if he’d get the 2G bonus. I think 5G of data for $35 is a fair price. He’s on the $15 plan now.

24 REPLIES 24

@SW1 

With the "more the merrier" add on gifts of the last couple of years along with other promotional gifts for western Canada customers and previous contests and customer feedback incentives that used to be a regular pm thing in the community some customers have accumulated a plethora of add ons allowing for the lowest priced plan to be used for service (grandfathered $10 50/50 plan or the current $15 plan). My two accounts have the $15 plan w/19.5gb of data add ons and the $10 plan w/13.5gb of data add ons. With current usage my data should last about 40 years or so...😃!

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@SW1 wrote:

If your on the $15 plan with 10g of data, that has to be the best plan for the price I’ve ever heard of. Good for you @Nezgar 

Keep in mind that 10GB of data is not recurring... I get 250MB every 30 days, and anything over that deducts from the 10GB "buffer". But I rarely use more than 500MB in a cycle, so it will last me a very long time.

SW1

If your on the $15 plan with 10g of data, that has to be the best plan for the price I’ve ever heard of. Good for you @Nezgar 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Without getting any rewards, a PM subscriber doing nothing other than receiving the $2 autopay and $5 loyalty after 5 years is getting $7/mo off any published plan price, which really needs to be considered.

Then for at least the last two years theres been holiday bonuses for existing customers on top of that. For a bit of community involvement and voluntary time spent with community feedback sessions you get a lot more, as darlicious has shown...

Personally, im on the $15 plan and have over 10GB of data and thousands of LD minutes "in the bank" that will last me who-knows how long....

SW1

I’ll prob look more closely into Shaw in the New Year or if they have some specials that come up. If I upgrade my home wifi and change my wife and 2kids phones over to Shaw it kinda makes sense money wise. My big concerns with Shaw is the coverage outside of town and 25G is a huge amount of data. It’s almost encouraging kids to use their phones more. For now, I’ve up’d both my kids plans to a PM data plan. They’re happy about that. See how much data they actually use and I’ll go from there. I have a phone thru work with unlimited everything and it’s free to me so that’s great. Just my wife and kids phones I’m dealing with. No big rush but I’ll be keeping my eyes open for some deals but overall I’ve been very happy/satisfied with PM. 

@redz wrote:

@darlicious 

Your correct.. All providers do that but that doesnt change anything. Shame on Public Mobile for treating their existing customers that.

There's nothing stopping you from going to somewhere else for whatever plan you're attracted to. Be advised that PM has seen customers like you, who felt hard-done by...only to return later on when the initial incentives wear off.

Many of the regulars here suspect that PM will provide a little "something-something" as we get closer to the Christmas season....personally, I'm not holding my breath on it.

Since 2017, I've amassed almost $700 in Rewards as well as many free calling minutes and data.

Others who've enjoyed PM have accumulated much more.

I think I'll let PM "abuse" me some more.

Total rewards earned since joining Public Mobile: $693

@redz 

Well shame on all Canadian providers then....double shame on all the ones except pm for not providing rewards too!

I just went thru renewal.....updated rewards since joining public mobile: $745😃!!

Freebies and promotional bonuses since joining public mobile....

Screenshot_20211124-134412~3.pngScreenshot_20211124-134412~2.pngListed as 1 1GB Add-onListed as 1 1GB Add-on

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@redz wrote:

@SW1 

I'm in the same boat.

My kiddo is on the $15 plan and thinking about the $35 w/ 2gb extra bonus as $35 for 5gb seems like a good deal.... But just found out public mobile could care less about existing customers who want to spend more money.

Its a shame to be honest... Looking at the options right now to see if its worth giving up current rewards vs porting out vs other providers...

@redz    Have to agree with most of what you've said.  While it's good that PM is trying to entice new customers with bonus data, I'd think it would also make sense if customers who want to upgrade their plans and give PM more money to also be able to qualify for this bonus data.  

But it's also good that non of us are locked into a contract with PM and if another provider offers a better deal, then we can go get that better option, not ideal but...

redz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@darlicious 

Your correct.. All providers do that but that doesnt change anything. Shame on Public Mobile for treating their existing customers that.

@redz 

It's an incentive to activate a new account. All providers do this....the $40/5gb plan is a good deal too and depending on your rewards is close to the same price with the ability to change plans when needed.

redz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@SW1 

I'm in the same boat.

My kiddo is on the $15 plan and thinking about the $35 w/ 2gb extra bonus as $35 for 5gb seems like a good deal.... But just found out public mobile could care less about existing customers who want to spend more money.

Its a shame to be honest... Looking at the options right now to see if its worth giving up current rewards vs porting out vs other providers...

sorry @bigscottydawg , i think i tagged wrong .. lol

bigscottydawg

Yeah I looked closely at Shaw but chose Public and am glad I did. The phone and internet service has been excellent and I don't have to worry about where in Canada I am located. Shaw also has a ridiculous $45 activation fee that they won't waive, even for online activations. It just wasn't worth it for me to try and save an extra $10 a month. 

@bigscottydawg  coverage with PM is certainly better.  If you are always in the city area and do not go away a lot, Freedom coverage might be sufficient.  If you to go away a lot, like to drive around, you might want to avoid Freedom. 

bigscottydawg

I looked closely at Shaw and as I understand it, with the 25GB unlimited plan you get 2GB of Nationwide data per month for use when you are not on Shaw's network.

@SW1 

Shaw mobile has the same coverage as freedom so limited outside of the major centres they serve and they only allow 2GB of nationwide coverage. Perhaps a good workaround would be looking at either a dual SIM phone or using perhaps an older back up phone if available. This way you keep the pm account with the $15 plan and it's reduced cost with rewards and activate with Shaw using that service's data as a hotspot. This way when there is no Shaw coverage the pm phone ensures you can stay connected with your son and when there is coverage your son has access to plenty of cheap data.

@SW1

Porting out a VoIP app would take a least a week to port back to PM. Your better off porting out to a cheap prepaid plan at another carrier. It should take one day to port out and another day to port back.

Just remember that you'll have to use a new email address when you come back to PM.

SW1

That’s a great idea but unfortunately he doesn’t want to give up his number and we have several reward discounts… I think for us we may switch to Shaw Mobile. For $45/month we can get 25g of data which seems like an insane amount but he’s on a bus everyday for school and for hockey travel.. just not sure about the coverage out of town. Thanks for ideas tho @esjliv 

I was considering adding what @esjliv did above (but didn't want to complicate the matter for the OP - though it's a very doable workaround)

You would require a new PM SIM to get the deal on a new activation.

ALSO (if you decide to do this), and if you are an existing PM customer, don't forget to use your referral code on your self-serve account landing page so that you get the $1 per cycle discount for the new activation and your son's account gets a $10 credit against the 2nd cycle.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SW1 wrote:

Is this promo only for new to PM customers?? I’d like to get the $35 plan for my son especially if he’d get the 2G bonus. I think 5G of data for $35 is a fair price. He’s on the $15 plan now.

@SW1 

If your son is on the $15 plan now and he is not attached to the phone number or does not have many rewards/funds on the account, he can activate a new $35 account with the current 2GB promo going on, and remove any Autopay on this current plan and it will automatically close after 90 days of non-payment.

Or, if he wants to keep the number, he could port out to a voip app or other cheap plan carrier. This would close his current PM account immediately and lose all rewards/available funds in the account.

But, it could be ported back in on a new activation.

Hope that makes sense.

You're quite welcome, @SW1 

Sorry to be the bearer of the news you didn't want...

SW1

Yeah I figured so. Thank you. @HALIMACS 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SW1 

Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $60 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes @SW1 , it is only for new activations.

Need Help? Let's chat.