cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

hoggerl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m just new to public mobile. So far I’m really happy with it. My plan is just the 25$ a month plan. I just signed up April 11th. I just decided to change my plan to the $40 a month plan so I did that on line. It already charged my credit card $29.40 but it says my plan won’t change till May 11th. Is that right and if so why did I get charged already? I don’t get that. Why did it just not charge me next month the $40?

20 REPLIES 20

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lemony_Snicket yes, sorry I was  misunderstanding it myself earlier, but your right first renewal should have $4 autopay credit, but after that it's $2 🙂

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pawprints1986 , first renewal is $4b if I remember correctly. 

@Pawprints1986 

Yea, your second month you will get $14.00 of credit of you have the 10.00 referral and have set up auto pay.

Month 3 will only be 2.00 autopay. 

And yes your question made sense. 😀

@Pawprints1986 

If you go to your rewards page it will tell you your estimated payment based on your plan, available balance and rewards. The best way to see how it updates would be after your plan renews take a screenshot. There will be no community reward in your account. Then around the 6th of the month any community reward youve earned will be awarded in your account. Take another screenshot and compare....you will see your estimated payment will decrease by the community reward  amount in your account.

Pawprints1986

@darlicious ohhh ok that makes sense! When I go in and look at my rewards in self serve, it showed $2 for autopay and $2 for community, but I thought that that same $2 for autopay was being reflected in "available funds" and in my rewards section at the same time!

This makes more sense now because I did  wonder why autopay was instantly added to available funds while the community reward was not... 

So my next payment I'm not sure if I should pay full balance due or reduce the rewards. But then come May's renewal, since I paid the full amount due after that 12 already available funds, then if I'm thinking right that $4 will carry over to Mays renewal, so then I could still pay full balance due but it will only be $21 and not $25, so it would still kind of even itself out? If you get what I mean by all that? Lol 

@Pawprints1986 

When you activate and pay for your first 30 days the system can't give you the autopay reward because it has nothing to base it on. But once you pay and register your card for autopay the system detects that action and automatically gives you the autopay credit of $2 based on the plan being paid for....it also assumes now that your on autopay that you'll pay for the next 30 days so it adds the $2 reward to be converted into a $2 credit as your plan renews and is applied to pay for the new 30 day cycle.

Pawprints1986

@Naepalm so you're saying they will take $4 off my renewal tomorrow night? I signed up March 27 with a referral which was $10, then autopsy which was $2, but I was thinking that was the same $2 that they would use for this upcoming renewal? In other words the autopsy rewards taking place starting your first renewal, not your initial sign up?

Is that making sense? I hope I'm asking the right thing in the right way lol

@hasan9800 right?!?! 13% here...

hasan9800
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Also, I will go live in the provinces where they pay 5% tax. 

Thats beautiful!

@hoggerl 

Does your balance or funds in your account say $40.00? And estimated amount owing on next renewal $0? I believe you have scheduled a plan change to the $40 plan on your next renewal.or you chose to change plan now and the system then told you that you will need to add $26 to pay for your plan. Did you add $26 from your credit card to your account?

If you signed up with a referral code you received a credit of $10+$4 autopay ($2 first month credit+$2 reward in account=$4)=$14 +$26=$40 for your new plan. Because you added funds of $26 your credit card gets charged $26+ 13% tax ($3.38)= $29.38. You will now change to the $40 plan upon renewal on may 11th.

You can change your plan now (but get no credit for the rest of this 30 day period) but you will have to add $2 more to your balance because your $2 autopay reward for your second month does not convert to cash (a credit on your account) until your renewal the night of the 10th/11th am. Until then it's a reward with no cash value so it can't be used to pay for the new plan. If you want to change now add $2 then go to the plan page pick change now and submit payment. You will change immediately....the 5gb of plan data will appear on your overview page. Log out. Reboot your phone and you're good to go.

You should make sure you enable your data saver, reset your data usage calendar, turn off background data usage in 95% of your apps, turn off WiFi assist (iPhone) and have your phone set to automatically connect to and update only on WiFi. This will save you from unnecessary data wastage. ( Check your apps for the data hogs...they really don't need background data on.)

@hoggerl, I was trying to figure out which province charges so much taxes, at a combined rate of 18%, and there isn't any. $25 x 18%= $29.50

ProvinceGSTPSTHSTProvincial Tax Information
Alberta5%0%5%Alberta Tax and Revenue Administration
BC5%7%12%BC Consumer Taxes
Manitoba5%7%12%Manitoba Retail Sales Tax
New Brunswick5%10%15%New Brunswick Taxes
Newfoundland5%10%15%Taxes in Newfoundland and Labrador
NWT5%0%5%NWT Taxation
Nova Scotia5%10%15%Information for Nova Scotia Taxpayers
Nunavut5%0%5%Nunavut Taxes
Ontario5%8%13%Ontario HST
PEI5%10%15%PEI HST
Quebec5%9.975%14.975%Quebec GST and QST
Saskatchewan5%6%11%Saskatchewan Provincial Sales Tax
Yukon5%0%5%Yukon Taxation

If you are concerned with the lack of data, and money is no object, you could buy a data-add on for 1gig of data for $15. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 4.09.50 PM.png

Whatever you don't use, you can carry it over to the next month.

Granted, if you got the cash, and $40 bucks is nothing, go ahead, and change the plan to now versus renewal date. May 11th is a long way from now. Would 5gigs be enough though? 

I mean, you used up your 1gig of data, and 5 gigs for the $40 could be easily used up by the looks of it, maybe re-think can splurge on the $50 plan for 8.5 gigs of data. This way, one solid month, you will know, if you should reduce to a cheaper plan. 

In the end, you would have to spend an easy $40 bucks + taxes if you count the $25 plan + $15 add-on. Or $65 bucks + taxes ($25 + $40 plan).

@Pawprints1986  the first month you sogn up you dont get the initial 2 dollars for that month until the next month. So your second month you get 4 dollars then it goes back to 2 dollars. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@hoggerl 

it is a prepaid service ao if you choose to change something it will charge you for that new service right away. Its not like postpaid where they could just change it for you next month. 

Choosing to not change until nwxt month is good otherwise what you paid for this month would be given up and you would essentially pay double. 

The good thing is you don't have to pay for this service once it comes up in a few weeks. 

Itll take some time getting used to some of the nuances but it will be worth it.

cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoggerl wrote:

I’m just new to public mobile. So far I’m really happy with it. My plan is just the 25$ a month plan. I just signed up April 11th. I just decided to change my plan to the $40 a month plan so I did that on line. It already charged my credit card $29.40 but it says my plan won’t change till May 11th. Is that right and if so why did I get charged already? I don’t get that. Why did it just not charge me next month the $40?

Are you in AB? It sounds like you did do an immediate plan change. As mentioned...40 - 10 - 2 + 5% = 29.4.

Assuming you were referred and that you chose autopay on activation.

Are you sure you don't see your data and plan on the overview page? Maybe restart the phone.

Pawprints1986

@Lemony_Snicket auto pay is only $2 not $4

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hoggerl , did you use a referral when signing up?  If you did, you would have gotten $10 reward for that.  If you had auto pay enabled, there would be another $4 of rewards.  The total cost of the renewal with taxes is about right.  You should be on the new plan right away though.  That is something that needs to be followed up. 

@hoggerl Please login to your self serve account and review Payment History for 90 days. Perhaps, you will find the explanation.

BTW: do you have autopay turned ON?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@hoggerl wrote:

I signed up on april 11th and i was charged my $25 for my plan then. But just today i decided to change my plan to the $40 a month plan for more data and just after (so today) i was charged  another $29.40 on my cc. But my plan says i won't have more data till may 11th

That is strange that you were charged right after. I would contact a moderator and have them look at your account:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

hoggerl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up on april 11th and i was charged my $25 for my plan then. But just today i decided to change my plan to the $40 a month plan for more data and just after (so today) i was charged  another $29.40 on my cc. But my plan says i won't have more data till may 11th

Daps

@hoggerlWhats the date of the $29.40 credit card charge? If it was posted on april 11, everything seems fine. That's your first month's plan fee plus taxes when you signed up.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@hoggerl You did the right thing and choosed change on next renewal. If you had chosen change immediately, you would have lost your $25 and be charged the $40 immediately. The recommended way. Here's an article on switching plans. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.