cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best time to downgrade plan? A day before auto payment date or sooner?

yoggee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been on the $25 plan for nearly a year now. So far, I hardly use more than 300mb of data, and 60 mins of calls a month. I want to downgrade to the $15 plan.

From reading previous posts, I guess I won't be losing my 1gb free bonus data + recent free holiday ad-ons and referral rewards.

My next auto payment is Dec 26. Should I downgrade on Dec 25 or sooner? Is the downgrade immediate?

4 REPLIES 4

yoggee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I read about this. Thanks for the reminder to add a bit more funds to my account.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Postdate it for renewal.

Advice, keep enough funds for the previous plan, there is a glitch where autopay takes enough for your new plan but checks if you have enough for the old plan, so the renewal fails. It happened more than once, don't worry the extra money will stay in the form of credit and will be consumed by next cycle

Yes just do it now and you won't have to try to remember right around Christmas. 

It will give the option for immediate change or change at next renewal. Choose at next renewal and you're done. I've used it several times in my first year here. One of the things that convinced me to jump to PM was the ability to change plans whenever you want to.

AE_Collector

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can do it anytime go to the self serve pick your new plan and click on bottom right to take effect at renewal. I did it last month and it worked perfectly. No you won’t lose those gifts of data and 400 mins by changing plans. 

Need Help? Let's chat.