Best plan

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey PM

i love it here. Who doesn’t ?:)

What plan you all using to save $$$ 

46 REPLIES 46

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow : You've been here for a bit now. This is an excellent new thread topic.

Do you want me to start new thread regarding Fongo? Sure, I can do that...

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Yummy  "accessing voice mail through Fongo is priceless"

Even better perhaps, forward all unanswered calls to Fongo voicemail and set that to send you email notification with the message. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : You've been here for a bit now. This is an excellent new thread topic.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I see a lot of references to Fongo in regards of call forwarding (while in Canada or USA).

Could somebody be so kind to provide quick how-to and what are benefits of such call-forwarding.

@stevenanto wrote:

@Northernblades Fongo is an app that you can use with wifi to save on your minutes, it is very useful when on vacation or abroad.

The only drawback of Fongo is sending SMS is NOT free. Receiving SMS is free.

But if you are on $15 plan and cell phone is your ONLY phone, accessing voice mail through Fongo is priceless! And of course if you are out of minutes, frequent calling using free WiFi can save you a bundle.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I made the switch, I really cant believe how cheap I am paying for my plan, under 100$ a year lol. I am sure it will go even lower as the referrals come in and the loyalty  promos 

Savebig2

Smart!!

Savebig2

Good points!!!

@Northernblades 

Fongo is a free canadian voip app that allows free calling in North America (I think...) so you don't waste outgoing minutes on things like voicemail. It works on wifi and mobile data so call forwarding your number to it before leaving Canada allows you to recieve your pm calls while outside of Canada basically giving you roaming on the go. (1min=0.5mb)

If you have been able to get by on 500mb per month previously then using the $15 plan as a base plan and using add ons for your needs will save you money over the long term. Adding the $15/1gb add on would last you 4 months with the 250mb of plan data that comes with the $15 plan.  $15÷4=$3.75 The $5/500min add on supplements you're outgoing minutes nicely as well. $5÷4=$1.25

• $15 plan+$3.75**+$1.25*=$20 per month (avg.) build your own plan
  • Unlimited international SMS/MMS texts
  • Unlimited incoming calling and 100 minutes of outgoing calling
  • 125 minutes ( avg.) additional (add on) outgoing minutes*
  • 250mb of plan data+250mb (avg.) of add on data**
  • * from the $5/500min add on
  • ** from the $15/1gb data add on

Now you essentially have the same plan you had for $30 p/m for $20...$10 cheaper per month.

stevenanto

@Nezgar That is true, thanks, didnt think about that. 

@stevenanto You will see when you login to the selfserve site that when you do a plan change, you can choose whether to do it immediately, or schedule it for your next plan renewal. I recommend scheduling it for the next renewal, otherwise you are basically throwing away the value of the remainder of your current cycle - it is not refunded or pro-rated. You can schedule it any time, and it will take effect on your next renewal date.

stevenanto

@Northernblades Fongo is an app that you can use with wifi to save on your minutes, it is very useful when on vacation or abroad.

Northernblades
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Get fongo of course to call your voicemail"
Googling now,  but please explain?

stevenanto

@darlicious I really dont make much calls, just receive more. So can I just make the switch now or when my month is up?

@stevenanto 

Woohoo mo' money in your pocket! Even if you need more minutes the $5/500 min add on would make the plan $20 per 30 days if you used all of your plan minutes and the add on to call outgoing and talk for 10 hours. You would probably only use an extra 100 minutes making the plan $16 before rewards. Get fongo of course to call your voicemail.....$9 extra in your wallet $108 every year.

stevenanto

@darlicious Well I guess I am mistaken, Looks like I will be making the switch. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

$15 plan. But depends on your needs. By far this is the best, economical, and most flexible plan we have ever had!!

Watch for my post Tips, Tricks, and Savings. I have some of my collected input and will accept contributions to add to it. 

I plan to post it in Using Your Service. 

@computergeek541 is that an acceptable Community Room?

It's hard to recommend a category without seeing the content of the post and without seeing where the discussion leads. 

@nancyriz 

Have you noticed a difference in your data speed?

nancyriz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes good for you. For my part, I had a 90 days plan for 126$ with 6 gb in all. But lately I’d used all my data and had to top up with more data  that totalised 30$ more, last month. This month after the data renewal, I also spent it all. Then I decided to change my plan: I got the 40$/ month plan with 4,5 gb per month. I also saved 2$ (So 38$) because I chose the automatic monthly withdrawals. I think I have a better plan now for not much more than the previous one but I more than doubled my data. 😉

__1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for the $35 plan with 2GB bonus every month and find it to be a great balance between price and data. 😁

Northernblades

I believe so,   Yes,    thank you.

@Northernblades 

This is the plan you want as shown in your account. Is this what you have scheduled a change plan on next renewal for?

Screenshot_20210719-152020~2.png

Northernblades

I have added it, and hope for the best,   the way it is written in several location, it looks like no data,     but +250  with auto pay.

We will   assume for now   you are correct,  and on that I would like to thank all of you for saving me money,   and getting me more data 🙂

@Northernblades  Yes that is the plan I referenced. 500MB at 3G speed (3Mbps), an extra 500MB with autopay so 1GB total. Unlimited Canada-wide calling. $25 minus any rewards you have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Northernblades : The only plans available now are those listed under Shop/Plans up top.

Northernblades

you sure we are on the same page here?>
I would love to sign up   for that $25 deal that you are referencing,
I keep   reading and re reading the plans.
this is the plan  you are referencing?
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/25for500MB-3Gspeed

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Meow wrote:

For having an emergency phone with unlimited texting you cannot beat $15 plan.

@Yummy wrote:

$15 plan is unbeatable considering what it offers. 

@Meow@Yummy : good to see you two are in agreement on this.  😂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@LurganIeUk 

Hmmmmm.....or maybe paying for your service?

$15 plan. But depends on your needs. By far this is the best, economical, and most flexible plan we have ever had!!

Watch for my post Tips, Tricks, and Savings. I have some of my collected input and will accept contributions to add to it. 

I plan to post it in Using Your Service. 

@computergeek541 is that an acceptable Community Room?

@stevenanto 

Have you been thinking this whole time that the $15 plan only 100 minutes period? As @Meow pointed out its only the outgoing minutes are limited. Maybe you should be considering scheduling  a change plan on next renewal?

Need Help? Let's chat.