cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Basic question - define "International Texting"

120x120_smart_fit.jpg

Was showing up for AB but PM pulled it off for now. I guess we have to stay tuned for an announcement.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawrenI understand, thanks!  

Yep, for the time being we'll just have the one PM account and will add my wifes phone account with this same email.

If I end up going with PM when we get our kiddo her phone, I will then use a seperate email address to make new community & self-serve accounts for that.

And thanks for the clarification on that plan... I actually thought I had seen that plan on the plans previously... and then went back and looked and didn't see it.  Kinda thought I was losing it.

I picked up a PM sim today, will be hopefully switching over my wifes phone tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your help!

I can't comment on PM as a phone service, but I give two enthusiastic thumbs up to the community.

Mayor / Maire

Yes Public includes Canada in the International TXT bundles

Not sure who other provider was, but in my experiance it is only the very old plans where international TXT would charge extra for sending to a Canadian / USA phone number (incoming TXT are always free with any TXT plan)

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wanted to update, switching my wifes phone over to PM went smoothly.  Everything seems to be working great.

I'll give it a couple days and then will port her old number over.

I do that under the "change number" option in the account settings, correct?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Mothman wrote:

Just wanted to update, switching my wifes phone over to PM went smoothly.  Everything seems to be working great.

I'll give it a couple days and then will port her old number over.

I do that under the "change number" option in the account settings, correct?

Yes, that is correct