cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic question - define "International Texting"

Mothman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am looking for an affordable plan for our daughters first phone, which will primarily be used for texting.

I had almost pulled the trigger on a different provider (won't mention the name), but then I realized that for their cheaper plans, when they say they include "International Texting", they mean ONLY international texting is included.. ie texts sent to a recipient outside of Canada.  On those plans, every local/in-Canada text sent would cost on a pay-per-use basis. >_<

I doubted that info, but I got the same answer from three different reps from that provider.

So now I'm considering other providers, including Public.

In the case of Public, when the plans refer to "International Text", do they mean ONLY texts sent out of country? 

Or do they mean ANY texts ... local, provincial, Canada, up to International? 

Based on the results of my searching here, I THINK the second answer is the correct one, but I'm a little flustered by the answer I got from that other provider, so just wanting to confirm.

Thank you.

32 REPLIES 32

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Mothman wrote:

I am looking for an affordable plan for our daughters first phone, which will primarily be used for texting.

I had almost pulled the trigger on a different provider (won't mention the name), but then I realized that for their cheaper plans, when they say they include "International Texting", they mean ONLY international texting is included.. ie texts sent to a recipient outside of Canada.  On those plans, every local/in-Canada text sent would cost on a pay-per-use basis. >_<

I doubted that info, but I got the same answer from three different reps from that provider.

So now I'm considering other providers, including Public.

In the case of Public, when the plans refer to "International Text", do they mean ONLY texts sent out of country? 

Or do they mean ANY texts ... local, provincial, Canada, up to International? 

Based on the results of my searching here, I THINK the second answer is the correct one, but I'm a little flustered by the answer I got from that other provider, so just wanting to confirm.

Thank you.

Yes the second answer is the good one. International...and local, provincial...Good choice with public mobile!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM. Any text to and recieved from anywhere is the answer to your question.

Need Help? Let's chat.