cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badges

Sarah02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What do the badges mean? How does it work? Like I don’t know what bravo means . 

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TonyE wrote:

Thats cool. Okay if you ever need help look me up but it can only be a very very easy problem that an untrained mouse could probably solve or I will never get it and just end up getting frustrated:) Don't do that to me please....:)

Well no. It doesn't work quite that way. No one's gonna say "hey @TonyE how do you do this?". You have to see the question here, give a good answer, hopefully get the Bravo, maybe even more so get the Solution from the questioner.

TonyE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thats cool. Okay if you ever need help look me up but it can only be a very very easy problem that an untrained mouse could probably solve or I will never get it and just end up getting frustrated:) Don't do that to me please....:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TonyE wrote:

wow ouser thats deep. I guess that could be a really great thing to actually get rewarded for helping someone. Thanks for the great answer and I bravo you !!! You're my first ...lol   if I can figure it out..

Welcome. And thanks.

Yes. It's just that easy. If you like what someone has said and maybe they were helpful to the question then you simply click on the little thumbs-up icon in the lower left of the post (like abTest said). You can also un-do it by clicking again. But that would be kinda nasty.

And indeed, you can get actual money value on your account for helping others get through whatever problems they might be having thereby lowering your service cost.

TonyE

wow ouser thats deep. I guess that could be a really great thing to actually get rewarded for helping someone. Thanks for the great answer and I bravo you !!! You're my first ...lol   if I can figure it out..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TonyE wrote:

Do we get a do a discount on our bill for badges or helping other people?

You earn what's called Rewards. Not simply badges earned but Bravos earned, solutions selected, quality of answers, Bravos given etc.

Early-ish each month the powers that be run everything through the Deep Thought Computer and declare who has earned certain levels of Rewards and the resulting monetary credit on their account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TonyE, you just click on the thumb at the bottom of the post.

TonyE

Thanks abtest, I will read it and check it out. I'd give you a bravo but i don't know how 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TonyE, Yes, we most certainly do get a discount for helping people (not directly based on badges though).

This link should tell you everything you need to know about rewards at Public Mobile.

If you have any specific questions just ask, and someone will answer.  Always best to start a new topic in the appropriate category to ensure your question gets the maximum attention.

TonyE

m new here and trying to figure that out also. Someone told me that you can get a discount on your monthly bill if you have enough bravos but i am not sure if that is true or just wishful thinking. Can anyone give anyone a bravo? Thats the question...

TonyE

Do we get a do a discount on our bill for badges or helping other people?

@Sarah02 wrote:

What do the badges mean? How does it work? Like I don’t know what bravo means . 

Honestly, the badges don't mean a heck of a lot.  Most of the badges will be earned within a very short amount of time after you set up your account.  They give some easily attainable goals to get the badges near the start, but other than that, they are just for show/bragging rights.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

They are a way to keep track of how you are doing in the community, and to show how the accumulation of your contributions. Also, after months end you will know if you are on line for a community reward or not!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Let's be honest....they are a small reward on how cool you are! Nothing else!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Give this KB article a read: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Use-the-Public-Mobile-Community...

Need Help? Let's chat.