cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUY THE SAME ADD-ON TWICE

ISIYGRN1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

im now in the us and my calling add-on finished and i cant buy a new one why?

18 REPLIES 18

@ISIYGRN1 wrote:

i dont know my pin

@ISIYGRN1 if you activated in-store, your pin# was sent sent to you by text.  It is just a 4-digit number, nothing else.  If you activated online, you created your own pin#.  If you don't remember, the moderators can help you but it might be a long wait.

Your best bet is using your self serve account.  Log in here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

>> click Payment tab

>> choose one time payment using your registered cc

>> add funds to cover your add-on

>> go back to overview page and click Purchase Add-ons

>> choose your roaming add-on

>> then click "Buy Add-on"

I hope this helps

RosieR

@ISIYGRN1  Only Mod can assist to change the PIN, you might need to open a ticket with them:

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ISIYGRN1

i dont know my pin

@ISIYGRN1 wrote:

@dabr  the courting of the 10 days starts from the first date you use and not from the day you buy, right?

no

@ISIYGRN1   Sorry no it's from the moment of purchase, i.e., the 24 hour clock countdown starts at purchase time.

@ISIYGRN1 wrote:

its already after the 10 days

Hi @ISIYGRN1 Reboot your device.  Before you log back in, delete your browsing history and cache.  Use another browser and if necessary use incognito mode.  Wait an hour to allow system to reset.  Try again.  

If you haven't yet, add the funds first to cover the add-on.  Then go to add-ons and purchase the roaming add-on you need.

If you have a registered cc, you may buy add-on by dialling 611, but you will need your pin# to do this.

Please keep us posted.  thanks in advance.

RosieR

ISIYGRN1

@dabr  the courting of the 10 days starts from the first date you use and not from the day you buy, right?

no

@hTideGnow wrote:

@hTideGnow   Actually the countdown starts from the moment of purchase, so always buy roaming add-ons just before you need to leave.

@ISIYGRN1 wrote:

moderator takes long to reaply

Yes, unfortunately true they can take too long and by the time they respond you might no longer need that add-on.  The downside of PM and roaming options. 

You could use WIFI apps like TextNow that provide free calling and texting or Whatsapp etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ISIYGRN1 : Look in your Payment history here for the day you bought it. 10 24-hour periods after that it expires. Then likely having to wait overnight to be able to purchase the same function add-on (except different data buckets that you CAN stack). It's even possible that you have to wait yet another night. It's goofy. But there it is.

ISIYGRN1

moderator takes long to reaply

ISIYGRN1

its already after the 10 days

@hTideGnow 

Not when it comes to the time-limited add-ons for roaming.

Far as I know, that requires moderator assistance.

@hTideGnow wrote:

Oh, we can't just buy a 2nd one if the first one is all used up?

@hTideGnow   I believe you can't buy another roaming add-on that has the same components in both add-ons.  Some sort of weird conflict, don't know what or why though!

Oh, we can't just buy a 2nd one if the first one is all used up?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ISIYGRN1 wrote:

Hi 

im now in the us and my calling add-on finished and i cant buy a new one why?

@ISIYGRN1    There's some sort of glitch in not being able to purchase the same roaming add-on unfortunately for at least 24 hours.  You can purchase a different roaming add-on or ask moderators to purchase the same add-on for you.

Contact moderators either via chatbot and follow prompts here:https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or second option if unable to submit ticket is to private message Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes, @ISIYGRN1 , heard this before.  Apparently, one cannot buy a second add-on if the first is still 'active'.   

EDIT:  The options are to wait a day after the first one is expired, or contact moderators

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  • If you want to purchase two of the same U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, you will have to wait for the first 10-day period to expire before buying the second, or you can contact a Moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work
Need Help? Let's chat.