cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOUGHT ADD ON TOO SOON

SUEINTORONTO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I bought a US Roaming Add-On too soon before my trip. Please help.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@SUEINTORONTO wrote:

THanks, everyone. I messaged the moderator. Hope they can help

This community is great!

For future reference...keep us posted on how you make out, just in case this question ever pops up again.

SUEINTORONTO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

THanks, everyone. I messaged the moderator. Hope they can help

This community is great!

@SUEINTORONTO the moderators are usually pretty good about mistakes just be nice to them and they should credit your account. Just remember us rooming add-ons are on a 24 hour clock so at the time that you purchase it it will that expire 240 hours later if you need an additional one you will have to wait till the next day to purchase the following roaming add-on make sure you do not add 2 us roaming add-ons that include calling or they will cancel the calling feature out.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It expires 10 days after purchase.  PM is prepaid so no guarantee of a refund but you can try submitting a ticket to a moderator.  Click on the question mark on the bottom right corner.

@SUEINTORONTO , @Barbie2 , All addons are active immedately  when purchased. US travel steps:

1. If your plan is going to renew while you are there, deposit the full cost of your plan before you go. you don't want the headache of an autopay failure.
  2. Deposit the cost of the addon. And buy it through 611 on your way to the airport. You will need your 4 digit pin code. Only buy 1 talk add on at a time. If you buy 2, it will not work.
  3. When you land, enable roaming and restart your phone. 
  4. You have to wait 24 hours to buy the same addon again.
  5. If you are staying more than 20 days its cheaper to get a local SIM card with North American coverage.
  6. Add the Textnow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts within Canada and to and from the US for free.

@Barbie2 wrote:

@SUEINTORONTO 

I have never bought this add on, does it initiate upon purchase? 

I would do what @hairbag1 has said. But caution you may not get a refund. 

Enjoy your day!

All add-ons are live / active as soon as you buy it.

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SUEINTORONTO 

I have never bought this add on, does it initiate upon purchase? 

I would do what @hairbag1 has said. But caution you may not get a refund. 

Enjoy your day!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SUEINTORONTO wrote:

Hello. I bought a US Roaming Add-On too soon before my trip. Please help.

Thanks

Generally, there's no refunds..especially for user error. You can click the ? in lower right side of page to start process of moderator assistance though...see if they can have your add-on funds applied to Available Funds, then you can get the add-on later.

Contact the Moderator Team for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. Click here to get started.
    • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The moderator response will show up there.

Need Help? Let's chat.