cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay didn’t work?

mohammedr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I had signed up for autopay and was due for a payment on Oct 10...no payment was withdrawn from my credit card. Now my account page is showing that I am suspended. Should I make the payment or is it perhaps on its way? Will I lose my service? My data is still currently working.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If auto payment is set up, it is best to not look into the account around the renewal time.  The account goes through various phases as funds are taken from the credit card and applied to the payment.  This metamorphosis takes many hours.  The natural instinct is to intervene which quite often leads to unintended consequences.  As long as the service continues to work, the assumption that payment went through is a sound one.

I prefe to think of the pay by date as the top up date, if not using AutoPay.  If you choose to not use AutoPay, your payment(s) must be received on or before this date, otherwise continuous service may not happen.

As stated above, AutoPay runs on the next morning.  I’ve noticed it seems to be running later in the morning that it has previously, so as also stated, as long as your services are working, there is nothing to worry about.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

As long as your plan reactivated and your new cycle has begun, autopay should not kick in. Feel free to send us a private message including your account details and we can verify that for you 🙂 @

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

eatnb1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I clicked on where it said to reactivate, make a payment and the payment processed, my account went to zero owing, and i was reinstated. Hopefully, they won't automatically charge my credit card again. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @eatnb1,

this is a glitch in the system - as long as your services are working, your renewal should go through just fine. Keep us updated, we'd love to hear how the renewal goes!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mohammedr, & @eatnb1, I have found that the date in the reward section of the self serve is more accurate as to when a payment will come out and that date usually shows a day later than the main page.  As stated if you are on autopay and you have service do not do anything.  People see the message worry and then mess with it and that messes up their service.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

eatnb1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same thing just happened to me.  I checked it last night as it was due on the 10th, or 11th, not sure which exactly.  Nothing had been charged to my visa, and nothing updated on my account. Now my account says it is suspended and says to reinstate, make a payment.  What is going on with this?  My phone still seems to be working.

In general you can ignore all messages related to your account UNLESS your phone stops working. It's one of several PM's quirks. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mohammedr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everything with regards to service is working just fine. I’ll check my account again tomorrow. Thanks.

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What else is working? Is your entire plan still working or only part of it?

Usually this is normal, let the system do its thing and tomorrow your account "should" be ok. 

Need Help? Let's chat.