cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic top up

ednawong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got charged $10 this month and $5 last month for automatic top up.  I started the plan only couples of months ago and this is surely not a charge for renewal.  Also the SIM card is not inserted to any phone and there is no activity for usage and therefore no need for top up.  Can I get a reimbursement for the unnecessary top up charge on my credit card.

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ednawong  Access your selfserve account and select the payment history link. Do those charges show up? If yes, then they are charges that you or someone else initiated or AutiPay renewal charges. If you don't want your plan renewed then disable AutoPay by selecting the payment tab. If you do not see the charges then it's possible someone else is using your cc. Best to submit a ticket to PM for investigation.

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You can try asking moderators for money back, maybe it will work but there is no guarantees.

If you sign up for autopay you give the green light to payments every 30 days. To stop it you have to cancel the autopay and remove your card info. After the 30 day plan is finished if payment is not made your account gets suspended. You can activate it within 90 days by making another payment if you wish to keep it. Otherwise after 90 days it will be cancelled, everything on your account including referrals loyalty time or any unused add-ons will be lost and your number will be recycled and your sim card will never work again.

Cheers

@Triguy wrote:

There is no guarantee of any refunds but you could try submitting a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

No point in recommending this.  This is not prepaid/pay per use type of a service like 7/11.  The service is running and customer has to pay whether they use it or not.  I rarely use SMS, should I ask for a refund because I don't use it?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is no guarantee of any refunds but you could try submitting a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ednawongEven if your SIM card shows no activity you still have to prepay 30 days plans in order to keep the account active. I think you are confusing Public Mobile prepaid method to Pay as you go systems like 7-11 Speakout.

Need Help? Let's chat.