cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these special offer plans only available for a limited time?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 9.19.39 AM.png

9 REPLIES 9

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Poogzley wrote:

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 9.19.39 AM.png

@Poogzley  As other's have mentioned the answer is nobody knows. Keep in mind that Public Mobile competes with Lucky and Chatr so as long as the competition is offering similar deals then my guess is that they will remain. As soon as there is activity from one of the 3 then hold on because things will change without warning. Current customers that are currently enjoying 30 day promo discounts and thinking of taking advantage of one of the special promo plans should setup a scheduled plan change to take place on their next renewal. If the special is still around 1 day before their renewal they can cancel the plan change and repeat for their next billing cycle.

@RossN wrote:

@Poogzley  they usualy give some notice before dropping a plan just check in once in awile

But that “notice” isn’t likely a text or email to you but rather a post here on the community of changes happening in the next few days or maybe up to a week from now. So unless you check the community messages frequently you could miss a change to plans announcement.

If they discontinued all these “Special Offer” Plans, there wouldn’t be much left!

As mentioned, highly unlikely that a plan change or discontinuation will affect anyone currently on one of these plans.

Terry

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@mimmo wrote:

you will keep the plan s long as you don't do a plan chnage.  but Public does have the right to increase prices with 30 days notice.  but they have a good history of not chnaging  prices and plans oncce a customer is on a plan

@Poogzley wrote:

@GR wrote:

Yes but nobody knows for how long.  All of a sudden public mobile will change them or remove them or even replace them with better ones on occasion!   Check in every now and then to see if something changed that you may take advantage of. 

When they replace them will I be grandfathered into the plan or will I be subject to the new priceing?

That's why I switched from VM to PM cuz they increased $5 on my plan and they didn't even inform me about this, no notice at all!

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That is a good question. Based on terms and conditions of PM they have the right to change the terms including the price but generally they grandfather for existing customers. Please note they do not have grandfather clause in their terms and conditions. Hope this will help to make your decision.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you will keep the plan s long as you don't do a plan chnage.  but Public does have the right to increase prices with 30 days notice.  but they have a good history of not chnaging  prices and plans oncce a customer is on a plan

@Poogzley wrote:

@GR wrote:

Yes but nobody knows for how long.  All of a sudden public mobile will change them or remove them or even replace them with better ones on occasion!   Check in every now and then to see if something changed that you may take advantage of. 

When they replace them will I be grandfathered into the plan or will I be subject to the new priceing?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GR wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Poogzley , it's anyone's guess when these offers will end. These have been around for months now.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Poogzley  they usualy give some notice before dropping a plan just check in once in awile

GR
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.