cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there data overages?

steven483
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I hit my data limit, does data get cutoff until the next billing period or will it allow me to use more with overage charges?

19 REPLIES 19

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lockej wrote:

Not with my plan... We always continue to have access after the limit is reached.  My daughter uses the plan and always goes over.

That plan doesn't exist, because PM doesn't work that way. Either you have a data add-on on top of your plan and that data hasn't run out/has been carrying over or you are not on PM at all.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lockej wrote:

Not with my plan... We always continue to have access after the limit is reached.  My daughter uses the plan and always goes over.

If that is the case then your daughters plan is NOT with Public Mobile.   Your daughters is most likely to be with Bells 'Lucky Mobile' or Rogers 'Chatr Mobile' as some of the Plans offered by them include unlimited Data at Massively Reduced speeds after you have used up your included so called throttle 3Mbps data

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lockej wrote:

No, your data is throttled to a slower speed but you can still access things like email until your data resets.

What are the chances of you sharing some of the stuff you have been smoking? 

@lockej, I want whatever it is you're smoking... data continues when you run out.. not here my friend.  Go back to Freedom if you want that.

@smp99 wrote:

@lockej you may be confusing throttled 3G vs LTE with your plan.  There is no data at all once you run out. Either wait until renewal or buy a data ass-on 

Someone said to renew early or buy add-on.  Other option would be immediate plan change but payment for current plan would be lost.

@mojorising wrote:

@lockej wrote:

What plan do you have?

There is no Public Mobile plan that does that.

@lockej wrote:

Are you a Public Mobile customer?

Not supposed to work.  Supposed to stop but where did you get the idea they slow you down?   Public does no such thing.

@lockej wrote:

Are you a Public Mobile customer?

Not supposed to work.  Supposed to stop but where did you get the idea they slow you down?   Public does no such thing.

smp99

@lockej you may be confusing throttled 3G vs LTE with your plan.  There is no data at all once you run out. Either wait until renewal or buy a data add-on 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lockej wrote:

No, your data is throttled to a slower speed but you can still access things like email until your data resets.

@lockej no, Public Mobile does not offer that feature.  You are mistaken.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Drspaz1978
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do believe it stops till you purchase more or renewal time

@lockej wrote:

Where can you see that your data is all used? You can’t have more data thsn your plan... except if you have an add-on for data!

mojorising

@lockej wrote:

What plan do you have?

lockej

@lockejThe data is turned off.. not just throttled.. We prepaid for a set amount of data, once that amount is all used up, the data is turned off. To continue, we have the option to buy add ons or renew our plans early.

lockej

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@steven483 wrote:

If I hit my data limit, does data get cutoff until the next billing period or will it allow me to use more with overage charges?

PM is completely prepaid if you haven't paid for it up front you won't get it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@steven483 wrote:

You will never be overcharged with public mobile not for data or call or text. If you hit your limit that’s finished until your renewal date or you can buy an add-on for 10$ for 200 Mb or 30$ for 1 go.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

no none whatsoever your data stops until renewed

Need Help? Let's chat.