cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are incoming calls "free"?

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

I paid for the $15 plan, 100 canada-wide anytime minutes and unlimited texting, what I'm curious about and I suppose it probably applies to any of the plans PM offers is if incoming calls are free and it's only outgoing calls that count towards your minutes?

Thanks.

44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren 

MEGAbytes! 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Barryere wrote:

Generally speaking, incoming calls are usually free with any phone service.

@Barryere were those plans you've had previous experience with at the $10-15 range, or more expensive?  I'm just curious.  

If you pick any of the plans that include unlimited calling (be it province-wide talk, canada-wide talk, or canada-wide & to the US talk), you get unlimited incoming talk minutes, no matter what country the call originates from (so long as you are in Canada at the time).  The cheapest of such plans is $20 every 30 days, and it gives you unlimited province-wide talk and nothing else.  The best value plan including unlimited calling is probably the $25 promo plan on right now which upgrades the talk to Canada-wide, adds international texting (to and from anywhere in the world, so long as you are in Canada at the time), and 500MB of throttled "3G"-speed data--though if you also sign up for auto pay, you'll get an extra 500MB of "3G"-speed data and $2 off bringing the cost to $23.  I wouldn't recommend the $10 or $15 plans over this one unless you are super-tight on budget.

EDIT: thanks @Anonymous , yes, MEGAbyes not giga.  My bad!!

Also, I forgot to link the plans:

The $20 plan:https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans/20forUnlimitedTalk

The $25 plan:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans/25unlimitedtalk-text

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Barryere

To add on to my last post, I'm pretty sure that before I used Public Mobile I was using Fongo and although Fongo works over WIFI, you got free unlimited incoming calls even if the call was foreign.

I've been with all providers in the last 4-5 years, only recently settled.

Barryere

@srlawren wrote:

@Barryere wrote:

what I'm curious about and I suppose it probably applies to any of the plans PM offers is if incoming calls are free and it's only outgoing calls that count towards your minutes?

@Barryere I know you've already received an answer to this.  I'd like to ask a question back, and it's purely out of curiosity:  was there anything about the plan's description that lead you to believe it might provide unlimited incoming minutes?  Or was this just wishful/hopeful thinking?

Generally speaking, incoming calls are usually free with any phone service.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Barryere wrote:

what I'm curious about and I suppose it probably applies to any of the plans PM offers is if incoming calls are free and it's only outgoing calls that count towards your minutes?

@Barryere I know you've already received an answer to this.  I'd like to ask a question back, and it's purely out of curiosity:  was there anything about the plan's description that lead you to believe it might provide unlimited incoming minutes?  Or was this just wishful/hopeful thinking?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@warzouing wrote:

Thanks for the info ! In other worlds, with the unlimited canada wide calling plan, I don't have to worry about incoming calls to my PM number no matter where they are originated from and outgoing calls to anywhere in Canada from my PM number. Great !

That is correct!  Welcome to Public Mobile!

warzouing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the info ! In other worlds, with the unlimited canada wide calling plan, I don't have to worry about incoming calls to my PM number no matter where they are originated from and outgoing calls to anywhere in Canada from my PM number. Great !

@warzouing wrote:

How about incoming calls from International ? I have an unlimited Canada-wide call plan.

You can receive calls from anywhere and because you have unlimited call plan it doesn't count . Public mobile it's prepaid so any more charges. 

@warzouing wrote:

How about incoming calls from International ? I have an unlimited Canada-wide call plan.

It makes no difference for you where the other person calls from, as long as you are in Canada when you answer.

warzouing

@Barryere wrote:

Hello,

I paid for the $15 plan, 100 canada-wide anytime minutes and unlimited texting, what I'm curious about and I suppose it probably applies to any of the plans PM offers is if incoming calls are free and it's only outgoing calls that count towards your minutes?

Thanks.

Yes, incoming calls count as part as part of your 100 minutes.  Public Mobile does have plan options that include unlimited phone calls.

Barryere

Oh okay, thanks for the info.

I got very little minutes as I mostly just intend to use the number for texts.

Nasif619

Incoming calls are counted towards the 100 minutes you are allocated each month. Therefore you are going to use up your minutes if you either receive a call or get a voicemail.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Barryere wrote:

Hello,

Thanks.

Both incoming and outgoing will use your minutes. Some texting plans are only counting outgoing, and incoming are unlimited. But for calls both count against your minutes. 

Need Help? Let's chat.