cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are incoming calls (but not picked up) considered a minute on the $10 plan?

koko777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I recently joined the $10 plan. I did some research and read that incoming calls ARE charged and considered minutes of your 50 limit. However, I'm wondering if I do not pick up the call will I still be charged the minute?

Example: I see my friend calling me. If I do not pick up, will that still be considered a minute used out of my 50?

QUESTION 2: as for outgoing calls, if I make a call and the other person does NOT pick up, is that still considered a minute used? Two situations:
1) I make a call and before I hit the voicemail I hang up (while it's still connecting), is that considered a minute?
2) I make a call and get the voicemail to leave a message (the connection is over), is that considered a minute?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

@koko777 wrote:

@will13am ah because technically someone can call me 50 times, hit voicemail each time, and use all my mins? 😞

That is the problem.  You can control the outgoing but the incoming is sometimes out of your sphere of influence.  For me, the "CRA" calls me several times a month asking me to call them back.  They leave fairly long messages, some probably more than a minute long.  Having some cheap minutes is a convenience. 

koko777

@will13am ah because technically someone can call me 50 times, hit voicemail each time, and use all my mins? 😞

koko777

@MacMe Let's hope someone doesn't spam call me 50 times and uses all my minutes? :

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@koko777, from a practicality perspective, the $10 is best paired with some add-on minutes.  You can only do so much to control the usage.  Having a backup is important to make sure the service doesn't stop suddenly.  The add-on minutes is fairly inexpensive and non expiring.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you don't answer a call, it will go to voicemail and yes you will be charged for it.

If you make a call and the other person does not pick up, you will not be charged for it.

If you get to the voicemail message, yes you will be charged a minute.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@koko777 wrote:

Hi, I recently joined the $10 plan. I did some research and read that incoming calls ARE charged and considered minutes of your 50 limit. However, I'm wondering if I do not pick up the call will I still be charged the minute?

Example: I see my friend calling me. If I do not pick up, will that still be considered a minute used out of my 50?

QUESTION 2: as for outgoing calls, if I make a call and the other person does NOT pick up, is that still considered a minute used? Two situations:
1) I make a call and before I hit the voicemail I hang up (while it's still connecting), is that considered a minute?
2) I make a call and get the voicemail to leave a message (the connection is over), is that considered a minute?

Thanks.

If you don't answer you aren't charged. 

As for question 2, I'm not sure if the billing starts when the phone rings or when the phone is answered.  Leaving a voicemail is definitely a connection/charged.

Need Help? Let's chat.