cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all plans 30 days by default now?

fuGGet321
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I apologize if this is posted somewhere, but I tried searching both the Community and the main website and I couldn't find anything more recent than 2018 that shows me whether I have an option of choosing 30 or 90 day plans.

For me personally, this matters quite a bit in deciding whether a Data Add-On is right for me or not, as I understand that Data rolls over, while whatever is included in the plan package does not.

Can someone clarify this? I'm fairly new here, and I'm trying to exhaust all of my options and tailor my plan as best as possible while I wait for my SIM to arrive in the mail!

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fuGGet321 

• All plans are 30 days
  • All plans include data
  • Data add-ons never expire until used up. They are used as backup so if in a 30 day period you runs up using all you data the add-on will kick in until your next plan renewal when data resets for another 30 days.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@fuGGet321 

Public mobile use to have the 90 days plans before, but they are all grandfathered now.

So people who still have the OLD plans from before can still keep them.

However, for new customers, they introduced the 30-day plans. The only option now is to get the 30days plan.

Cheers!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes @fuGGet321 all plans are 30 day now. Plan data will if unused expire each 30 day cycle and does not carryover. The $30, now temporary $15 1 gig and the $10 250mb data add ons never expire and carryover until used up, when they will disappear from your plan. Here's an article on purchasing add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

@fuGGet321 

All correct re the data. If your plan is to get a plan and add some data add-ons do it soon as those add-owns are on sale but no idea how long that may last.

90 day plans were eliminated half a year or more ago so only 30 day plans remain.

AE_Collector

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@fuGGet321 the plan data expires but the add on rolls over to the next cycle if not used

Need Help? Let's chat.