cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Data Plans Prior to the New Data Plans LTE?

PatrickM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry if this has already been asked (I looked back the past 3 pages and didn't see anything that stuck out as the question/answer), but as a customer who registered on July 3 (prior to the new Data plans that were introduced), does that mean my plan will be LTE still, or was I switched to 3G.  Just curious because thought I would rather have LTE if I am switched to 3G I may as well take advantage of the additional data they are offereing until the end of the month.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@PatrickM wrote:

Sorry if this has already been asked (I looked back the past 3 pages and didn't see anything that stuck out as the question/answer), but as a customer who registered on July 3 (prior to the new Data plans that were introduced), does that mean my plan will be LTE still, or was I switched to 3G.  Just curious because thought I would rather have LTE if I am switched to 3G I may as well take advantage of the additional data they are offereing until the end of the month.

Thanks!

Your plan, and all those created before the announcement, are LTE. If anyone creates a new plan with just calling, texting, or calling/texting and purchases a data add-on that data is LTE.

HOWEVER adding a data add-on to a base plan that has "3G" data is also just 3G.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

All customers are grandfathered to the plans they had previous to new plans being released.  This applies until you decide to make a plan change or Public Mobile decides to change plan terms with 30 days notice.  

Need Help? Let's chat.