cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone on the PM $60 Plan with US Roaming?

trgtrg2020
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’m currently on the $60 Plan that includes US Roaming. It’s basically the same thing as PM’s current 50 plan if you just add US Roaming with 2Gb Data. 

What are your thoughts being on this plan (basically paying $10 more every month) while knowing Canada/US border is currently closed?

Please don’t suggest to downgrade plans.

I’m curious to hear from others on the plan what they think. PM is not willing to give something else in the mean time.

PM Mods are not able to provide a resolution unless customer wants to downgrade their plan. Not an option of course I like the plan still and once covid gets better the plan has its benefits.

41 REPLIES 41

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@uraniumc 

You still have the 2gb of US Roaming data it just doesn't list it under your plan details. Do you not see it on your overview page?

uraniumc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes the one from 2-3 years ago...

@uraniumc  

are you on the old Snowbird plan? 

uraniumc

With the new public mobile interface, it seems like the 2GB at 3G speed us data addon is gone.  Can anyone confirm this if they were on the $60 us roaming plan?

Thanks 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon 

Better late than never!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account in your private messages only include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry I’m just seeing this know. I hope he got his answer,the only thing I was going to suggest was I’d he changed he will never get this plan back. 

@darlicious 

Ah yes, you appear to be correct re the Holiday wording. I just glanced at the 2GB add on in my account and assumed that they were the same.

56E34944-5F83-4110-8929-79AF0FFC862E.jpeg

@AE_Collector 

No..I do believe that is the US roaming data. All holiday data is listed as so....maybe @mellondon is around to confirm for us....

Edit:

Here are what your plan details should look like if you have the $60 Canada/US roaming plan from your plans page and your add ons page.

Screenshot_20211113-123015~2.pngScreenshot_20211113-122957~2.png

@bcampano wrote:

Is this the US roaming option???Untitled3.png

I think that 2GB data add-on is your Christmas Gift from PM in 2020. I seem to recall from discussions a long time ago that this plan never showed the US Plan data. Or maybe it shows up as an item here once you begin to use it. I don’t think they ever created a way t9 show 2 lines from different types of Plan Data. And the plan was only offered for something like 6-8 weeks so they aren’t ever going to change that part. I would assume that you still have the US data every month as otherwise you have been paying $60/30 days for a plan that didn’t exist.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bcampano : Earlier in the thread shows the data line. Also, click on Plan Details and post what you have in there. It would seem very likely that you still have that great plan. But that's been a lot of money to spend for a closed border. Glad you can return to making use of it again.

uraniumc

Yes, I believe so.

bcampano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this the US roaming option???Untitled3.png

bcampano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Revisiting this old topic. I originally signed up for the $60 plan which included 2GB of US roaming data a couple of years ago. I've kept it and not made any changes to my account since. However, when I check my Plan Details online, I don't see any mention of this being included in my plan. Could they have taken this away from me without notice? Does anyone else on this plans see mention of it online in their account details?

Looking forward to starting to travel into the US again and want to make sure I'm ready!

Help!

uraniumc

ok awesome.. thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@uraniumc wrote:

The "2GB at 3G speed" is the giveaway. You're still on that great plan.

uraniumc

Screenshot_20201118-184104_Chrome.jpg

@uraniumc wrote:

did you notice that the $60 plan with US roaming has now disappeared within our profiles?  I remember it was listed before, but it seems to be gone now.   do we still have the roaming in our $60 plan?

Nothing has changed for cusotmers who already have that plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@uraniumc wrote:

did you notice that the $60 plan with US roaming has now disappeared within our profiles?  I remember it was listed before, but it seems to be gone now.   do we still have the roaming in our $60 plan?

Show us your overview page and Plan details and the lower Usage details summary page. I kinda doubt it would be removed just like that.

uraniumc

VanZem

I am keeping it. In my opinion, this is the only competitive plan that PM offers. If the roaming was not included, that I kind of need, I would switch the companies and not the plan. Other companies offer a full LTE for a few dollars more. For example, just quickly checking Koodo website (same network), it offers 9GB for $50 full LTE - that is without even checking what is out there. So, that is my suggestion if you decide to ditch the plan.

Still free calling to USA with TextNow and Rebtel.

trgtrg2020

@kselmak it looks like Fongo no longer offers free US Calling. I think Google Hangouts is great for the occasional US phone number you may have to call because if you already have a Google account no additional signup required. Google Hangouts doesn’t give you a #. It would depend on your individual needs basically.

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BeachNBeer I imagine AT&T and T-Mobile (their US roaming partners) bill them the same, where ever the usage occurs.  As long as it’s on their network, they bill x to Public Mobile/Telus, so it shouldn’t matter where you use it, as long as it’s on their US roaming partners.

Keep in mind that, while you’re required to subscribe to it every month, you do get unlimited talk and text ($15 value for 10 days) and 2GB data ($40 value for 10 days), so there’s quite a bit of value, for only $10/mo more over the $50 plan, which has the same for Canada usage only (unl talk, unl txt, 8.5GB data).  
It’s a very good plan if you use roughly that much domestic data each month anyway and want to stay connected while travelling across the border!

I have two fongo accounts that I use since 2012 so I still have the same number.

You have to maintain your number (use it every 90 days or you lose it) BUT if you port in and pay$25 you don't have to maintain it anymore, it's just yours. (You can port in TextNow number too)

One I use for voicemail (I ended up with a service where you pay extra for voicemail briefly) I love that you can receive copy by email, I still use it for voicemail today

The other one I use for forwarding and actually receiving calls.

I use their freephoneline service as my home phone since 2009. I used it before on a computer in my office (unfortunately their software needs widows/Mac and I had neither at home) and in 2009 I decided to purchase sip configuration file (it was$50 at the time) so I had it on ekiga on Linux, later that year I got a sip box that still works today

@kselmak 

WHAT!!!

I just signed up with FUNGO! This should be interesting.....

AE_Collector

@Nezgar 

I meant to say forward your fongo number to anything you use at the time (60 or cheaper plan)

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@trgtrg2020  the good thing is it includes Puerto Rico and the US Virgin islands. 😀

Your U.S. coverage will include all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. So, whether you are travelling to the snow-capped mountains in Alaska or to Hawaii’s sunny beaches, we will have you covered

trgtrg2020

I would say it’s fair to say keeping the plan is a good idea because the only other carrier in Canadian history offering such plan was Freedom and even they don’t offer it anymore (at least at this price point). The plan does have a lot of value that’s for sure! It’s probably a good idea to keep yes.

If you would need at least the $40 5Gb Plan or maybe the $50 8.5Gb plan anyway, I would definitely say just suck it up and stick with the $60 US Roaming plan. But if you were otherwise able to get by on a $30 or lower plan you need to do some considering how much travel to the US you would do if things were normal again and do some comparing to the inconvenience of buying a US SIM card to use instead of taking your Public Mobile plan with you. OR, if you can get by with a $30 or less plan right now, consider doing as suggested and get another PM plan on a different SIM card and play the Plan Expired game for 85 days, renew for 30 and let it expire for another 85 days. Repeat as necessary.

I feel your pain, a difficult decision and the possibility exists that we go through all of next year with no change to travel.

AE_Collector

@trgtrg2020  it's a cherished plan that many want. Some have even offered to buy it off other members. As @BeachNBeer  said. I would keep it. 

Judging by your community account creation I am assuming you already have a $1 loyalty and $2 auto-pay. So right there the plan is $57 plus province tax.  

Add a few referrals to that, some community rewards if you help out then you can't go wrong. Take note you can earn up to $5 in loyalty rewards. So eventually the combination of rewards with that plan will be like online gold lol

Need Help? Let's chat.