cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Any response to Freedom or Koodo adding lots more data to their plans?

My favorite saying about getting this service for what it is and not what you wish it to be applies here.  Why bother grovelling for a "price match" if a competing brand is already offering a deal?  Change comes with customers fleeing like rats on a sinking ship.  That said, we are not here for big gig plans.  We like the rewards and low overall monthly fees.  

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector I’d be already quite happy if it was bumped to 10mbps, or even 5mbps.  You can already stream 1080p YouTube with 5mbps (barely, but perfectly workable).

Public Mobile isn’t good for high data usage.  I currently get my $10 and $15 lines at no cost but I would definitely port out the second they get rid of referral rewards...  or maybe even sooner if the other carriers start reducing prices on plans with less data at less cost.  I’d like to have more data to be honest, but I wouldn’t do it with Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

Yes, because Public Mobile will copy almost anything that Lucky Mobile does

Public Mobile still hasn't copied Lucky's "Unlimited" data. Indeed, PM is now the only Telus/Bell/Rogers/Shaw brand which doesn't support an unlimited data.

Unlimited 128/64kbps would be useful for some niche things (including emergencies, low-bandwidth communication modes, accessing PM Self-Serve to buy more data, chatting with Simon).

But it's too slow and frustrating and basically useless for most apps, websites, social media, gaming, and streaming.

It does have high value as a marketing instrument, though - people who believe slow "Unlimited" data has value will choose Lucky instead of choosing PM.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ghelper 

I've been with both Freedom & Koodo before and I can say that the Freedom network is quite terrible. They had a good amount of data for a super cheap price which is why I had signed up with them in the first place. But, I did not stay with them for long as I constantly had issues with incoming calls, outgoing calls, incoming text messages, outgoing text messages, and accessing data. I was living in a fairly busy city too. They may have really cheap plans, but you really get what you pay for...

Koodo on the otherhand is great. The only reason why I switched to PM is because PM has better offers for someone who doesn't need a lot of data. I was paying $40 with Koodo for the same thing as I'm getting now and my bill is currently $28 with autopay. Koodo & PM operate under the Telus network, so they aren't each other's competition per se.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JLakerson wrote:

@ghelper 

I've been with both Freedom & Koodo before and I can say that the Freedom network is quite terrible.

Freedom has actually filled in quite a few of the network gaps, but yeah, it's still pretty bad. They would rather have people believe that the network problems were mainly with indoor and underground coverage, and while that is true, they had/still have many places in major cities (Toronto) that still do not have any outdoor coverage.

Need Help? Let's chat.