cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reason not to switch from $30 to **Special Offer** $25 plan?

jrm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have been on the $30 plan since around April.

• - 1 GB of data at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

Now I see there is a **Special Offer** plan for $25 that is essentially the same (but also includes International Picture Messaging).  I do have a $10 credit on my account, but I think that had to do with referring a friend, but I'm not certain.

Am I missing something?  Are there any gotchyas with switching to essentially the same plan, but just $5 less?

19 REPLIES 19

The $25 is the same plan as the now old $30 plan.  Even if you have one or two $10 credits remaining, in the long run, switching to the $25 plan on your next renewal will save you more over the long run.

The plans have the same features.  The old has been removed from the market, the $25 plan *might* be removed soon.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jrm wrote:

I meant to quote an earlier post that was wondering about when I originally signed up.  The signup date was February 20th.

The new plan has more features and cost less.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrm wrote:

I meant to quote an earlier post that was wondering about when I originally signed up.  The signup date was February 20th.

I was with ya 🙂

Like I said, I think you're done that promo. Schedule the $25 plan change for your next renewal and you're set.

jrm

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jrm wrote:

Feb 20

What do you mean ? Feb 20?

jrm

Feb 20

@z10use

OP said he sees 6 $10 credits. Yes the first one *could* be a referral so he would have to read the description. The promo also says within 30 days. He said he saw the first one on Mar 5 so perhaps he signed up near the start of the promo in early-ish Feb or so.

I was just speaking in general for other customers who are still on that promotion.  Yes, both plans offer identical featurs, this being one of rarer times that prices decreased.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jrm 

I suspect it was this promo. You probably just got the last credit.

That depends on the exact timing of signup. I can't remember exactly when the $10 off promo for 6 renewals. I know some people who signed up end of February/early March.  Such customers would still have another renewal to go before receiving the last $10 payout.  The $10 couldn't be used for the first 30 days.

OP said he sees 6 $10 credits. Yes the first one *could* be a referral so he would have to read the description. The promo also says within 30 days. He said he saw the first one on Mar 5 so perhaps he signed up near the start of the promo in early-ish Feb or so.

@Anonymous wrote:

@jrm 

That depends on the exact timing of signup. I can't remember exactly when the $10 off promo for 6 renewals. I know some people who signed up end of February/early March.  Such customers would still have another renewal to go before receiving the last $10 payout.  The $10 couldn't be used for the first 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrm wrote:

Thanks @Dunkman. I understand future credits would not be applied to the account if I switched now. Do you know if the current $10 under 'Available funds in your account' would also be removed before the next bill if I switched now?  It's only $5, so I don't care that much, but I'm just curious at this point.

I think you have the 6 credits. I've never heard of claw-backs here. Once in your Available Funds...it's yours.

jrm

Thanks @Dunkman. I understand future credits would not be applied to the account if I switched now. Do you know if the current $10 under 'Available funds in your account' would also be removed before the next bill if I switched now?  It's only $5, so I don't care that much, but I'm just curious at this point.

@jrm 

Since it was a special promotion, it likely won't show up in your self service account.  It is done automatically according to terms of promo.  

As z10user4 mentioned in previous post, your credits are likely done if you already got 6 months worth.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrm 

jrm

Thanks @GinYVR . The payement history was how I saw the credit on the 5th day uof each month.  I do see the refereal and autopay rewards uder 'My Rewards', but it doesn't say anything about the $10 credit.

@jrm 

If I remember correctly, it was 6 months of $10 credit.  Then the credit will expire. Check your account.  

Once the credit expires, then you can switch to $25 plan.  If you switch below $30 threshold earlier, you will lose the $10 credit.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrm wrote:

I see the $10 credit has been applied on the 5th day of each month starting in March and the last one was on August 5.  Is there a way to find more information about this credit like what it's for, when it expires, and will the latest one be removed if I switch plans before the next bill on the 18th?

iirc that promo was for 6 months. Perhaps it's done anyway. Change down to the $25 plan at your renewal on the 18th.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@jrmYou can look at your Payment history for dates and the My Rewards for a detailed break downs of your rewards

jrm

I see the $10 credit has been applied on the 5th day of each month starting in March and the last one was on August 5.  Is there a way to find more information about this credit like what it's for, when it expires, and will the latest one be removed if I switch plans before the next bill on the 18th?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrm wrote:

Hi,

I have been on the $30 plan since around April.

• - 1 GB of data at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

Now I see there is a **Special Offer** plan for $25 that is essentially the same (but also includes International Picture Messaging).  I do have a $10 credit on my account, but I think that had to do with referring a friend, but I'm not certain.

Am I missing something?  Are there any gotchyas with switching to essentially the same plan, but just $5 less?

Perhaps you got into a promo for $10 per month. Depending on when that expires you could figure out if it's worth it to change down to the lesser plan and possibly lose the other $10 promo.

Need Help? Let's chat.