cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any kind of data help for hurricane Dorian victims?

chriswtburke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We're on day 4 with no power after Hurricane Dorian ripped through our province, and no sign of getting it back until the weekend. Just wondering if public has any kind of help where they can forgive my data useage or something like that. I've got 200mb of data left, and live way out in the boonies, my phone is really my only connection to anyone else. $30/gb is pretty steep when I just threw out $1000 worth of meat we had stored for winter.

11 REPLIES 11

Tree was removed from the lines.IMG_20190911_090643.jpg

Still quite a mess to clear up.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@jor123 I have to admit household data limits took a Kickin the last few days.

Tree is down wifi is up. Not sure why we don't have power. Isn't this my wireless electrical antenna1568194871639.jpg

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I don't expect or need any help but I'm still without power and internet on PEI. Here is the tree in front of my house.IMG_20190910_161414.jpg

That looks really uncomfortable, hopefully no serious damage and you're back on the grid soon!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I don't expect or need any help but I'm still without power and internet on PEI. Here is the tree in front of my house.IMG_20190910_161414.jpg

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It would be nice for PM to offer something for those affected in NS. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chriswtburke  sorry to hear about your situation. 

the best way to get more data is to ask for a early renewal.  that being said mods are replying between 48-72+ hours. if you need data and you are not on a grandfathered plan (ie you can still select your plan) buy a different plan with more data and then futuredate to your current plan.  

Send a private message to the moderators. Moderator can be reached at  following link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

chriswtburke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New around here.. how does one ask a mod?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM plans are prepaid and once you delete your data then it stops.  You could ask a moderator to see if they will issue a goodwill credit.  Submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right using Simon.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try asking a Mod to see if there is anything that they can do. Not sure if they can do anything but it's worth a try. 

Need Help? Let's chat.