cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Promo on long distance calls

alhaha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know the current deal is 400 minute long distance calls for 15 dollars. Any new deal from Public Mobile? thank you 

12 REPLIES 12

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Haha...please add me to your list!

@dabr you can add yourself.  See here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

Thanks might do that 🙂

@srlawren, while on WiFi, Fongo doesn't seem to be an issue for me.  I don't use it a lot, but there is the odd time.  I still use it as my back up being reached when my phone doesn't receive a signal - the quality on the voice mail left on Fongo is excellent also.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dabr wrote:

@dabr you can add yourself.  See here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@alhaha wrote:

I know the current deal is 400 minute long distance calls for 15 dollars. Any new deal from Public Mobile? thank you 

Is there a reason why you're not considering using Google Hangouts Dialer on an Android device or using FaceTime Audio on an iPhone?

I'm not sure who you're calling, but generally, the apps like FB Messenger, iMessage/Facetime, Whatsapp are free calling app to app, so if it's friends and family you're calling, these may be your cheapest options.

@stonechucker I've never had a lot of luck with Hangouts-to-phone-system or Fongo-to-phone-system dialing; there's lag, there's sometimes echos, there's break ups and missing bits, it's just not a great solution.  Maybe for occasional, casual use.

I do like your app-to-app calling suggestions though.  I find those to be more reliable generally.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@alhaha wrote:

Is there a reason why you're not considering using Google Hangouts Dialer on an Android device or using FaceTime Audio on an iPhone?

I'm not sure who you're calling, but generally, the apps like FB Messenger, iMessage/Facetime, Whatsapp are free calling app to app, so if it's friends and family you're calling, these may be your cheapest options.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@alhaha wrote:

Consider calling cards from stores or long distace provider websites.  Many have good prices and you just dial a regular phone number first and they send the call the rest of tne way.

@RobertQc wrote:

@alhaha wrote:

@alhaha  No current deals on add-ons. But I will be the first to hear about it, so if I hear about it, I will let you know 😉

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alhaha @emad , the thing with add-ons (not including the US roaming which are good for 10 days) is they don't expire, so everyone would jump on them and stock up, as @Anonymous said. 

We've (subscribers) offered ideas on promotions where a limited number of add-ons were made available at different times of the day, with a limit per subscriber.  I doubt this would ever happen, but never say never.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@alhaha wrote:

@alhaha  No current deals on add-ons. But I will be the first to hear about it, so if I hear about it, I will let you know 😉

emad
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I didn't remember that there was any Promo on Add-ons 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alhaha wrote:

I've never heard of any promos for add-ons. Several people would stock up on them if they did.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alhaha wrote:

No.

Need Help? Let's chat.