cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any New Promos Coming

TechFreakDad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm looking to switching another phone over to PM and was wondering if any of the Mods "knew" of any future promo plans coming down the pipe???

I'm on the Fall 2016 12GB Plan and LOVE IT!!!!

16 REPLIES 16

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Babineaup if it's a promo available to existing customers, you can just change your plan and have it set to take effect at your next renewal.

Since its prepaid you will lose those days. If you contact mod they won't switch since its for new line and freedom porting is required. Or what you can do get a whole new line with freedom porting and keep this line running untill its active.

Just to make sure you are talking about freedom promo right ?
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Babineaup
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What if I'm in the middle of a 90 days when a new promo would come out, how can I get my hands on this without having to pay twice?

Chaos_Scorpio

Just switch the other phone to PM now, then when the "new" promo comes out, switch to it. 

Thats what I did with the fall promo, I was a member before it was out, then swapped plans and have been on that promo. If a better one for me appears I will jump on it. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TechFreakDad I can tell you with a 99.9% certainty that the answer to your question is YES.  There [is/are] promo plan(s) coming.  

The more relevant questions of course are:  1) when, 2) what will the plan include, 3) what will the plan cost, 4) any other details of the promo.  Unfortunately, nobody has the answer to those questions until an announcement is made.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pakmode

The 2016 promo was to combat Wind/Shaw and Mobilicty/Rogers directly.

It was the last of the new entrants squaring off against each other in a death match of sorts. PM definitely won lol.

Unfortunately Telus realized they cannibalized a bunch of their own subs, as Koodo folks also switched over to PM lol. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TechFreakDad, depending on their usage the standard 6gb/90days/ provincial talk plan for $120 or 40$/month (38 with autopay)  is the cheapest or close to it i have been able to find.  

I would have them switch now and wait for any future promos, as they will be able to get it  by futuredating their plan.  The only reason not to switch is if they are curently paying less for their current plan than the plan PM is offering.

Benifits of switching now is rewards:

community rewards if the want to participate in the commuity but most important tehy start earning loyalty time. next pay cycle starts my 1 year with PM = $1 off,  if i had waited for a promo then i would still be waiting for my loyalty reard to kick in.  

Oh,  dont forget refer a friend rewards, unless you are in the same circle of friends then get to them first.

WearySky
@stonechucker I disagree if they're in Quebec. In Quebec you can get 6gb of data and unlimited nationwide calling for like 50 bucks a month.

Tell your friend to switch over now.  If they are in BC, On, or Quebec, chances are they will already save compared to what they are currently paying.  Up to 50% in my case when I first moved.

there have only been three promos at Public Mobile, one still active at this time for talk and text.  Future dated switching is always available if the promo happens in the middle of your cycle, so you won't miss out if the deal is awesome.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Fall promo would be great (offer it up soon).   And ... more data as an Addon.  Cheap Data !  🙂

Raven_Jet
I loved the 2016 fall promo too! I'm so glad I found out about public mobile. I never heard of them before until I saw an advertisement on kijiji. I was like... what is this? Then I saw the plans and I was onboard!

Soon after the promo happened and I didn't even think twice to get on that plan.

Just be patient and keep an eye out on the forums and announcements for any promos! It could happen at any time. 🙂 it's very exciting. Meanwhile just enjoy PM.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
If they launch new promo, you will be able to get it as PM do not exclude existing members. I doubt that they will launch promo as hot as the fall 2016 promo.

cricketfan
Even if they come out with a new promo. It won't be as good as the fall promo, then ppl will compare and mock it anyway.
The fall promo was a drum roll bell announcing that PM is going through a new phase (all online presence). Hence the bombastic promo.

collin1215

No one knows when promos will be coming. This is the same with the other mobile provideres. They are random and to be honest, I doubt another one will be coming anytime soon as we just had a $55/4gb promo a few weeks ago. Maybe keep an eye out during black friday, fall and christmas..

I have a doubt that pm will again that gall promo anymore but sure thry will offer something in summer back to school time and of course something around Xmas and boxing day time lets see what they have to offer
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is quite the over discussed topic.  It appears the wonky portal is a major impediment to another big promo.  They don't want to repeat the big problems encountered last time.  I would not bet on anything like the 2016 fall promo until the end of the year, maybe around back to school time.

Need Help? Let's chat.