cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I using Add on or Plan for my data - 95% done???!

jdodd1079
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Last cycle I had to add on 200mB of data because I didn't quite make it. I didn't think about the add on rolling over. I got a text 6 weeks in to my cycle that I was 75% done my 12gb of data which I was thinking - what the heck I've been mostly on wifi?!!! And then yesterday got a text that I'm 95% done my data. So I panicked and looked on my account. It's showing that I'm about 95% done my 200mb add on, but I can't find out how much of my 12gB I've used. So I have no idea if I've finished my 12gB or if it's using my add on first or...?! Can a mod help?
3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jdodd1079 if all you see is the 200mb add-on, it means you have used up your 12GB plan data.  Annoyingly, the plan data amount disappears from your my add-ons section of the overview page once that data has been used up.  PM have been talking about changing that for some time now but it still isn't done, I presume. ( @Jeremy_M any chance of an update on that issue?  Pretty please?).

If you are connected to WiFi most of the time and still burning through your data that quickly you may need to figure out what's using it up so quickly.  Are you on an iPhone?  If you are, then make sure you have the WiFi Assist feature turned OFF.  It uses mobile data even when you're connected to WiFi in order to give you faster speeds.  Great for US plans with unlimited high-speed data; not great for those of us on a meter!  Next up check your apps to see if they are syncing things frequently over mobile data.  One good example is Google Photos.  If you take a lot of photos or videos and don't set it to only sync when connected to WiFi, it could chew up data pretty quickly.  Any other type of media app or things that download images or audio or video--things like Twitter apps, RSS readers, etc, you can usually tweak the settings to sync manually or only on WiFi or less frequently, etc.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Send a private msg to mod hopefully they will look after you if you sure that you didn't use much data then it's probably a system error or glitch mod will be happy to look after you since they have a access to your account

In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

ALSO JUST A SUGGESTION FOR FOR U DOWNALOD A APP CALLED MY DATA MANAGEMENT ITS PRRETY GOOD YOU CAN TRACK YOUR DATA AND CUSTOMIZE IT ACCORDING TO YOUR PLAN LIKE SET RENEWAL DATE AND SET 12gb for 90 days plan I m been using it it's help alots
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Extra add on data triggers once you use up all your regular data first
Login to your account click on addon usage or data usage it should have usage history their
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.