cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my data the whole 10gb was sucked up in 2 days..

Jaytag35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

it says it was my hotspot and i feel really screwed over as i just upgraged to the 60$ plan.. any way to earn a bit more data for the month? This was a phone glitch and i have been very happy with the service up till now.. 

16 REPLIES 16

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think the OP said was only a couple of days into the plan so I would think it best to either switch to the $50 plan or have a moderator renew your $60 plan early. There is no way to force an early renewal of the plan you are currently on, thus a moderator has to do this. Likely quicker to switch to the $50/8.5Gb plan online right now. You will start your next 30 days and pay the $50 right then and will be back in business. The 10Gb of data consumed in two days cost you $60 and that's the end of it. As soon as you are renewed on the $50 plan you can schedule a switch to the $60 plan for renewal in 30 days in the future to get back to the plan you wanted.

What I am not certain about is the 2Gb bonus getting you to 10Gb. I  ant recall how that worked. Do you have it for 6 months (more likely for 5 renewals after initially getting it?) Will switching plans nullify the rest of these bonuses? Or are they permanent data bonuses? Sorry, I paid little attention to that promotion.

AE_Collector

If he got the 2G bonus that was only offered to selected customers he will not be able to get the same deal if he switches to the $50 plan. The deal was only offered to selected people for a very limited time. The 2 G bonus renews with each 30 day renewal. The 2G bonus is not offered on the regular $60 plan.

J-L

@Jaytag35 wrote:

it says it was my hotspot and i feel really screwed over as i just upgraged to the 60$ plan.. any way to earn a bit more data for the month? This was a phone glitch and i have been very happy with the service up till now.. 

Go into your settings and turn on your data saver. The hotspot cannot be turned on while data saver is on. I always keep data saver on and only turn it off temporarily when I want to hot spot for someone to check something online quickly (no streaming allowed, it gobbles up data).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jaytag35 

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. If your next renewal date is 2 - 3 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

Or just lesson learned and move forward, get the phone WiFi working properly so you can still go online over the next <28 days. 

I think the OP said was only a couple of days into the plan so I would think it best to either switch to the $50 plan or have a moderator renew your $60 plan early. There is no way to force an early renewal of the plan you are currently on, thus a moderator has to do this. Likely quicker to switch to the $50/8.5Gb plan online right now. You will start your next 30 days and pay the $50 right then and will be back in business. The 10Gb of data consumed in two days cost you $60 and that's the end of it. As soon as you are renewed on the $50 plan you can schedule a switch to the $60 plan for renewal in 30 days in the future to get back to the plan you wanted.

What I am not certain about is the 2Gb bonus getting you to 10Gb. I  ant recall how that worked. Do you have it for 6 months (more likely for 5 renewals after initially getting it?) Will switching plans nullify the rest of these bonuses? Or are they permanent data bonuses? Sorry, I paid little attention to that promotion.

AE_Collector

Lowufo

I think your only option is to chalk it up to a learning experience and either go without data until your next billing cycle or purchase an add on for more data. If you purchase a data add on any unused data will roll over to your next billing cycle.

lukevader

@Jaytag35 wrote:

Quite ironic. A phone glitch causes him to not be happy with the service now. Go figure. 

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@geopublic wrote:

Easy, streaming on multiple devices via hotspot add the fact that the customer just switched to this plan so no throttling for the first couple of days makes a recipe for a perfect storm.

Oh geez, I didn't know that. Thanks

IssacKu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's the beauty of Public Mobile. Imagine if he was with Bell or Rogers. If would've been a disaster.

@Ed404 wrote:

@Jaytag35 wrote:

How do you use 10GB in 2 days? Data is at 3G speeds.

Easy, streaming by multiple devices via hotspot add the fact that the customer just switched to this plan so no throttling for the first couple of days makes a recipe for a perfect storm.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jaytag35 wrote:

How do you use 10GB in 2 days? Data is at 3G speeds.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Jaytag35 wrote:

There's no way to earn more.There aren't any data rewards. You will have to buy more or use plan without data.

@Jaytag35 unfortunately PM will not reset the data counter due to customer error. Best to change plans or renew your current plan early by contacting the moderator team.

You could either purchase an add-on for more data or change your renewal date early but then you could lose any unused minutes or texts.  You could submit a ticket to a moderator and explain what happened to your phone.  Click on the question mark on the bottom right.

@Jaytag35 wrote:

Only options are to renew early or buy the $30 / 1Gb of data add-on.

If you opt to renew early, there's no pro-rating...you'll loose whatever balance you have currently.

Jaytag35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need Help? Let's chat.