cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All circuits are busy

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Anyone else still receiving this message more often than not during the daytime? Weeks in, I find more calls I attempt to make fail than go through. No idea how many incoming calls are being missed. I realize there is increased demand in the daytime now but has capacity been increased as promised a few weeks ago? 

43 REPLIES 43

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jor123 wrote:

I don't own a business, I'm just working from home due to this pandemic. I didn't expect to have to use my cell to the extent that I do, but obviously things change quickly with all of this. Being told to "get yourself a landline" is a bit dismissive. At the very least, PM customers should have access to Telus VoLTE that isn't circuit switched. Free alternatives like TextNow just don't cut it for work uses, and being able to make a phone call at any given point during the day doesn't seem like too much to ask to me. We're paying for this service. 

@jor123 Yeah I agree. Text now dosent cut it. It bugs and lags. And its a total different number. It really is unusable for work and for personal use. The ads are annoying.

@jor123 i’m sorry if I sound a bit dismissive but at this point with everything going on it’s just a fact of life I’ve worked in the telecommunications business for over 35 years and I do have a little idea about what I’m talking about and all through the Maritimes installing fibre optic networks including Newfoundland and unfortunately I know living here in Nova Scotia that we on the East Coast are the last people to get upgrades to the network

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jor123 

These are extraordinary times.

Back in the day, even landlines could get that message. Say a contest or tickets or some such thing where everybody and their dog is trying to call in.

jor123

I don't own a business, I'm just working from home due to this pandemic. I didn't expect to have to use my cell to the extent that I do, but obviously things change quickly with all of this. Being told to "get yourself a landline" is a bit dismissive. At the very least, PM customers should have access to Telus VoLTE that isn't circuit switched. Free alternatives like TextNow just don't cut it for work uses, and being able to make a phone call at any given point during the day doesn't seem like too much to ask to me. We're paying for this service. 

@jor123 Good morning All cell phone carriers are suffering from the same problems upgrades don’t happen in a matter of weeks they take months and sometimes years anyone with a business right now might be advisable to Get yourself a landline especially if your calls are that important

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Haven't had that one for a week

I would let moderators know just in case

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

jor123

@Triguy This message has been happening for weeks... especially during the daytime and sometimes trying calls for up to an hour still results in the message. The more worrying part of this when relying on your phone - and phone number - is how many incoming calls are affected without ever knowing as well. As much as I've liked PM, network reliability is more important than ever right now and with this happening since the middle of March there has been time to upgrade network infrastructure to handle the "new" load. 

@jor123 ah ok, well sorry I'm not sure then. I can only say I have not had that problem. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The message "all circuits are busy" on a phone means that all available connections in that phone network are being used.   A given network has a limited number of switches used to place calls, and when this number is exceeded, additional calls can only go through once others complete. Typically, all circuits are only full during emergencies when an abnormally large number of people in the same area try to make calls simultaneously. Phone companies try to maintain more circuits than registered phones to prevent circuit traffic, however sometimes they still become overloaded. When receiving this message when making a call, wait briefly, then retry the call.

jor123

@Naepalm St. John's, NL. Near perfect coverage from multiple cell sites. 

jor123

Yes, the alternatives are there but that doesn't really work when you're working from home and relying on the regular voice network more than ever... There hasn't been any communication on this from PM for weeks. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@jor123 I have not had these issues. what area are you in? Are you in an area that is well covered by TELUS towers? 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jor123 nope still working on it. If you have WiFi. Add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. Stay safe.

Need Help? Let's chat.