cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All circuits are busy

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Anyone else still receiving this message more often than not during the daytime? Weeks in, I find more calls I attempt to make fail than go through. No idea how many incoming calls are being missed. I realize there is increased demand in the daytime now but has capacity been increased as promised a few weeks ago? 

43 REPLIES 43

@jor123 wrote:

@benfatto wrote:

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

its crazy that this has been a month now, roughly, and people are still getting this message... i know its a larger network thing and not just PM but youd think with this covid lingering that theyd be trying to keep as many customers happy as possible...

then, after covid, there would be no need to cut of calls after a certain amount of time because there would be SO much more capacity available... 

Maybe 3rd tier means something in addition to cheaper?

Is PM voice traffic de-prioritized vs. Koodo/Telus? 

Public Mobile uses strictly 3G for voice. Telus and Koodo use VoLTE in addition to 3G. Advantage Telus/Koodo.

jor123

@benfatto wrote:

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

its crazy that this has been a month now, roughly, and people are still getting this message... i know its a larger network thing and not just PM but youd think with this covid lingering that theyd be trying to keep as many customers happy as possible...

then, after covid, there would be no need to cut of calls after a certain amount of time because there would be SO much more capacity available... 

Is PM voice traffic de-prioritized vs. Koodo/Telus? 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@benfatto It is a lower 3rd teir carrier so they wouldn't offer the services like VoLte. But They defenity have the money and the whole infrastructure behind it. Public Mobile has the money to fix lots. They make more than Lucky and Chatr. 

benfatto

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Pawprints1986

@jor123 when your getting the all circuit lines busy, do you make calls while your wifi is on?

jor123

Ohh, interesting. 

@jor123 wrote:

I'm using android 9 but not sure why that would matter as it's probably server side? I did receive the confirmation SMS to verify the number you entered is actually your number when first installing, will try it again. 

@jor123  Not sure why but from what I remember I was having the issue on my Pixel when I was running 9 but when it got upgraded to 10 that issue went away. Something to do with changes to the Google app.

jor123

I'm using android 9 but not sure why that would matter as it's probably server side? I did receive the confirmation SMS to verify the number you entered is actually your number when first installing, will try it again. 

@jor123 wrote:

In theory though if there were no free circuits wouldn't an incoming call fail without you knowing anything about it? I have tried Hangouts Dialer and it's worked decently in the past, sometimes outgoing caller ID works and other times it doesn't.

@jor123  The call would get forwarded to your voicemail if that occurred.  As for the caller id not working I haven't experienced that since I started using Android 10. Are you using 10?

jor123

In theory though if there were no free circuits wouldn't an incoming call fail without you knowing anything about it? I have tried Hangouts Dialer and it's worked decently in the past, sometimes outgoing caller ID works and other times it doesn't.

@BearFBI wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@jor123  If your using an Android device consider installing Hangouts Dialer. Once you verify you number with Google you will be able to make outgoing calls from your device and they other party will see your PM number. Calls to anywhere in North America are free and call quality is exceptional.

@geopublic Outgoing calls are fine. Incoming calls are the issue. @jor123 Is using her phone for work. Hangouts dialer wont cut it but It is the only option i see at this point other than talking to work about it.

@BearFBI  You don't get an all circuits are busy error for incoming calls.

Hangouts Dialer is meant as a workaround when one gets the above error. It's also a great workaround when making calls  and the providers connection is not clear.

ladybearbc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have found that if I get these messages - usually it happens if I am pushing ‘redial’ or clicking on the ‘call’ icon.  If I actually manually punch in each digit if the number - more often than not - it goes through

BearFBI

@geopublic wrote:

@jor123  If your using an Android device consider installing Hangouts Dialer. Once you verify you number with Google you will be able to make outgoing calls from your device and they other party will see your PM number. Calls to anywhere in North America are free and call quality is exceptional.

@geopublic Outgoing calls are fine. Incoming calls are the issue. @jor123 Is using her phone for work. Hangouts dialer wont cut it but It is the only option i see at this point other than talking to work about it.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@jor123 Yes, quite often during these times. Many people talk by phone now. Nothing we can do...only wait until the line is free.

jor123

Absolutely, I have let them know and we're working with what we have. I use VoIP too, no issues with a reliable internet connection but I mean operating from an ad supported service that you can't trust in the same way you can your teleco just doesn't work. It might be there as a stopgap for personal calls or use when nothing else works... just wish the error message was the exception not the rule around here lately. Anyway, thanks for your reply. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jor123 wrote:

I too remember "live streaming with ads". Broadcast radio is still around and alive now... All of this is aside from the point, I'm not saying that the service should be 100% all of the time but it is pretty bad that it seems to not work more than it does here these days. Alternatives are out there, yes, but none of them really replace your cell phone with your own number especially on the incoming side. Not to mention all the potential issues with using a free service for work not knowing how privacy, etc is handled with metadata like call details. 

I think kselmak earlier had your course of action. Let the company know. It won't be fixed overnight of course. But at least they can know.

I had no problem with quality using a voip app. I had earlier experienced bad quality with a full-on voip system with phones and all which gave me a bad opinion about voip. But an app was surprisingly good.

Your other concerns are entirely valid. But of course so do all the dialer apps and contacts and whatnot on smartphones.

Yes I know radio is still going.

jor123

I too remember "live streaming with ads". Broadcast radio is still around and alive now... All of this is aside from the point, I'm not saying that the service should be 100% all of the time but it is pretty bad that it seems to not work more than it does here these days. Alternatives are out there, yes, but none of them really replace your cell phone with your own number especially on the incoming side. Not to mention all the potential issues with using a free service for work not knowing how privacy, etc is handled with metadata like call details. 

@Anonymous @jor123 anyway moving on have a great day folks😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jor123 wrote:

I know what radio is and was around before cell phones, still don't recall any capacity issues. I'm not sure what being condescending accomplishes, my age has nothing to do with this - cell traffic runs over fiber past the tower like everything else.

Maybe capacity issues were in larger cities. I totally remember calling in for contests or whatever and hearing that message.

Condescending?...if that was perceived then it was unintentional.

Thanks for the clarity on where the traffic goes after the tower.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iliketotalk wrote:

@Anonymous what is your point? 

My point is to jor123 saying that this doesn't happen with landlines and I'm saying it most certainly did back in the day when landlines were all there was. And that now with cell phones everywhere that landlines may not have that anymore due to traffic being elsewhere.

jor123

I know what radio is and was around before cell phones, still don't recall any capacity issues. I'm not sure what being condescending accomplishes, my age has nothing to do with this - cell traffic runs over fiber past the tower like everything else.

@Anonymous what is your point? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jor123 wrote:

I have never heard this message on a landline. When with traditional copper landlines you had your own twisted pair to the CO there should never be a time all circuits are busy anyway unless your call leaves and goes over a trunk line to somewhere else. But that's aside the point - occasional issues are one thing, weeks of ongoing issues for much of every weekday... that points to a real capacity issue that should have been planned better for. 

Don't answer...how old are you? Before cell phones, radio stations would have contests. Yeah.. radio. Live streaming for free with some ads. Or concert tickets would come on sale. That was all the traffic. Now that landline traffic is diluted with the ubiquity of cell phones. But maybe @iliketotalk could say that cell phone traffic runs on copper for some of the way...I dunno. I tend to doubt it's all wireless.

jor123

It would be really nice to see updates from PM on this, especially for this area although it doesn't seem to be an isolated issue from all the posts re it a couple weeks ago. 

fdrcamb519

another back up phone is whatsapp also a free voip line you can get a free canadian number is fongo, i use it as a back up hope it helps

@jor123 I agree with you 100% capacity issues should have been better planned for but it all comes down to the cost and Unfortunately this was not planned for or expected

BearFBI

@jor123 You should be talking to your work about this if it is affecting your work at home. They are the ones that should do something. They could provide everyone licenses to business grade desktop IP Softphones. Something like this. Whats your day job?

P0659-1.png

jor123

I have never heard this message on a landline. When with traditional copper landlines you had your own twisted pair to the CO there should never be a time all circuits are busy anyway unless your call leaves and goes over a trunk line to somewhere else. But that's aside the point - occasional issues are one thing, weeks of ongoing issues for much of every weekday... that points to a real capacity issue that should have been planned better for. 

Need Help? Let's chat.