cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaska - Has anyone used the PM US Roam add on plans in Alaska?

Whisper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will be in Alaska in the summer (driving, not on a cruise) and curious how well the PM plans work there.

7 REPLIES 7

@Terry2019   we did have a user said Ketchikan  worked .  But again, the trend seems like most people have no roaming connection or little connection in Alaska.  Likely because of the shutdown or 3G network but no LTE network that we need

Terry2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was in Alaska last week and my US Add-on plan did not work in Ketichkan, Skagway or Juneau.

I had no coverage for a whole week.

Scary

frankvh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'll be driving in Alaska in July, planning on doing the same thing. I'm not concerned. I just returned from a week in Nevada, did the PM $20 US roaming thing, it worked perfectly. I watched my phone roam to both T-Mobile and AT&T while I was there. Voice, texts & data all worked well.

@Whisper wrote:

I will be in all the areas that have decent roads (6 week trip) and I did look at the coverage map.  The coverage looks pretty good but I was hoping to hear from someone who had actually used it.    I don’t need my phone all the time, have considered buying a sim card there but sort of like the simplicity of using an add on for 10 days when I need it.

Thanks All - I won’t hit “solution” quite yet in case someone sees this who has done it.

@WhisperSounds good. Hopefully someone with experience will comment and provide their input. From what I read the best mobile coverage in Alaska is provided by GCI which T-Mobile has a roaming agreement with and ATT has their own network and it's also hghly rated.

Whisper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will be in all the areas that have decent roads (6 week trip) and I did look at the coverage map.  The coverage looks pretty good but I was hoping to hear from someone who had actually used it.    I don’t need my phone all the time, have considered buying a sim card there but sort of like the simplicity of using an add on for 10 days when I need it.

Thanks All - I won’t hit “solution” quite yet in case someone sees this who has done it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Whisper wrote:

I will be in Alaska in the summer (driving, not on a cruise) and curious how well the PM plans work there.

@WhisperI guess it depends where in Alaska. Check out  the map coverage from this KB article to make sure you are covered.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Depends on where you're planning to drive to. I looked on the coverage map of Alaska for AT&T and they seem to have pretty good 4G coverage for major cities like Fairbanks / Anchorage.

Good luck and safe travels

Need Help? Let's chat.