cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Alaska - Has anyone used the PM US Roam add on plans in Alaska?

I will be in Alaska in the summer (driving, not on a cruise) and curious how well the PM plans work there.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Alaska - Has anyone used the PM US Roam add on plans in Alaska?

Depends on where you're planning to drive to. I looked on the coverage map of Alaska for AT&T and they seem to have pretty good 4G coverage for major cities like Fairbanks / Anchorage.

Good luck and safe travels

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Whisper wrote:

I will be in Alaska in the summer (driving, not on a cruise) and curious how well the PM plans work there.

@WhisperI guess it depends where in Alaska. Check out  the map coverage from this KB article to make sure you are covered.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will be in all the areas that have decent roads (6 week trip) and I did look at the coverage map.  The coverage looks pretty good but I was hoping to hear from someone who had actually used it.    I don’t need my phone all the time, have considered buying a sim card there but sort of like the simplicity of using an add on for 10 days when I need it.

Thanks All - I won’t hit “solution” quite yet in case someone sees this who has done it.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Whisper wrote:

I will be in all the areas that have decent roads (6 week trip) and I did look at the coverage map.  The coverage looks pretty good but I was hoping to hear from someone who had actually used it.    I don’t need my phone all the time, have considered buying a sim card there but sort of like the simplicity of using an add on for 10 days when I need it.

Thanks All - I won’t hit “solution” quite yet in case someone sees this who has done it.

@WhisperSounds good. Hopefully someone with experience will comment and provide their input. From what I read the best mobile coverage in Alaska is provided by GCI which T-Mobile has a roaming agreement with and ATT has their own network and it's also hghly rated.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'll be driving in Alaska in July, planning on doing the same thing. I'm not concerned. I just returned from a week in Nevada, did the PM $20 US roaming thing, it worked perfectly. I watched my phone roam to both T-Mobile and AT&T while I was there. Voice, texts & data all worked well.