cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After account top up I cannot change plan.

VanGR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday I bought a new voucher to top up my account which was expiring today. I wanted to change my plan so I let it expire anyway. Being at work I noticed that my account was suspended. I tried quite a few to make a payment online but the system was not accepting my voucher pin. Then I tried a manual pin registration calling the *611 number which allowed me to register my new pin and payment. However when I went back to change plans the system shows me no options to choose from. It's not showing even my current plan. I am getting just the message

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page."

What am I supposed to do so that I can use the money I have already paid and receive the service I want to choose?

This is my second month with Public Mobile and already thinking of terminating my service and start searching for a new provider as I believe that in 2019 not being able to reach immediate customer service assistance over the phone is unacceptable. Besides having this kind of system registration issues leaves a pretty sour taste on the end user. 

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanGR

RE: about your grand travels

Welcome back to Canada. This is how it is here. It sucks. It's what we have. Yes many other places around the world offer great services at great prices. Here...not. Live with it or use a payphone. They still exist.

Take this all up with the CRTC...not Public Mobile.

To your problem if not yet solved:

Yes the website sometimes gets in a mood. It happens far too frequently. Do you have functioning service? What you have most likely done with the successful 611 voucher payment is renewed your plan (if it was enoiugh to cover your old plan). To change it now (once you can get in) would require another payment for the other plan and you would forfeit what you just paid with the voucher.

When you're in contact with the mods maybe they might be able to do something for you.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@VanGR wrote:

Why the heck are you answering .... 

BECAUSE. ...  you said that in 2019 it is unacceptable to not be able to contact customer service by phone. Yet on the Public Mobile home page it says "We don't have call centers". Therefore you have made an unjustified attack on Public Mobile  and as a member of the Public Mobile community I can counter any opinion I wish. Mainly that it is quite ludicrous to sign up for something that is unnacceptable to you. And even worse to complain about it after the fact. That's my last comment in this thread.

GC 

@VanGR wrote:

You still keep ranting on matter that is none of your business even to comment on as you are offering no help whatsover. I lined out the problem which most probabaly you did not even spend the required time to go through and understand. I made no threats. I made a statement. I hope you know the difference between the two. If you are not affiliated with the company why you are so eager and passionate about supporting PM? What is it to you if I terminate my service or not if I am not happy with it?  You offered no assistance. On the contrary you started asking questions you were not supposed about my account to describing "known" details which anybody coming from a different provider is not in a position to know. A low cost and affordable service should never be cheap. This is one of the major characteristics of a company which has the vision to be in the market long term. Just think about it. 

Good Luck!

VanGR

You still keep ranting on matter that is none of your business even to comment on as you are offering no help whatsover. I lined out the problem which most probabaly you did not even spend the required time to go through and understand. I made no threats. I made a statement. I hope you know the difference between the two. If you are not affiliated with the company why you are so eager and passionate about supporting PM? What is it to you if I terminate my service or not if I am not happy with it?  You offered no assistance. On the contrary you started asking questions you were not supposed about my account to describing "known" details which anybody coming from a different provider is not in a position to know. A low cost and affordable service should never be cheap. This is one of the major characteristics of a company which has the vision to be in the market long term. Just think about it. 

@VanGR wrote:

Why the heck are you answering since you have nothing to say? Simply because I did not know that technical support would be no better here either. People jump to other providers in their vain hope that they will be better! However that is not the case. Instead of having to wait on the phone they talk to an online automated response system till it drives them crazy with it's irrelevant to the problem responses and give up. Then have to talk to a moderator who has nothing to say 2 hours after he received the information he asked for. 

I spent 2 years in Europe where I could enjoy 1500 talk minutes, 100 text messages, 3GB of data and access to online and phone technical support (within 20 mnts max) and all this at $14 without having to sign any contract. And then you are telling me why this and why that. Give me a break. 

Like I said in my first post, if you would like to give the information that I asked for then I may be able to help you. 

I spent 3 years in Germany, 5 in New Zealand and travelled to many countries. I know what the rest of the world is like and it is because of that experience I never assume anything. Again trashing PM is not a way to ask for help.

@VanGR wrote:

krazywiki, 

First of all I do not appreciate the know-it-all attitude and mocking style of your response. If you are part of the moderators team or company staff I can only tell you that your approach is totally unprofessional. Yes, you can only guess what has brought me to PM and I can assure you that when cheap prices reflect cheap service and luck of support, then it is a matter time before the customer seeks a different solution. 

I am not here neither to create any type of friction nor to praise or accuse any of the competition. I run into a situation which I presented here in case I could get some help. After the fact we can all say a lot. Those who know a few things more than the rest should just offer their knowledge if they wish to help without trying to be a smart aleck. Just my two cents' worth.

Hi,

I am not here to create friction, I did not mock you and by no means do I know it all. I do not work for PM whatsoever. All I was doing was pointing out that the things you were complaining about and seemed to have just learned about is clearly laid out on the home page and should not be coming to you as a surprise.

Putting "This is my second month with Public Mobile and already thinking of terminating my service and start searching for a new provider as I believe that in 2019 not being able to reach immediate customer service assistance over the phone is unacceptable. Besides having this kind of system registration issues leaves a pretty sour taste on the end user" doesn't imply an  attempt to get help but indicates you want to rant. So I professionally challenged your statements and you chose to agree with another post that was also giving incorrect information, as I pointed out. If you consider that being a smart aleck, than I guess I am.

A person looking for help clearly says what has gone wrong, what they have done to try and fix it and ask for help. At that point there is no need to make threats of terminating service and comment on the quality of a service, which by your post, you know little about.

I will also point out that I offered my assistance to fix an issue that I believe we as customers are able to fix instead of waiting for the MODs to reply

VanGR

Why the heck are you answering since you have nothing to say? Simply because I did not know that technical support would be no better here either. People jump to other providers in their vain hope that they will be better! However that is not the case. Instead of having to wait on the phone they talk to an online automated response system till it drives them crazy with it's irrelevant to the problem responses and give up. Then have to talk to a moderator who has nothing to say 2 hours after he received the information he asked for. 

I spent 2 years in Europe where I could enjoy 1500 talk minutes, 100 text messages, 3GB of data and access to online and phone technical support (within 20 mnts max) and all this at $14 without having to sign any contract. And then you are telling me why this and why that. Give me a break. 

VanGR

krazywiki, 

First of all I do not appreciate the know-it-all attitude and mocking style of your response. If you are part of the moderators team or company staff I can only tell you that your approach is totaly unprofessional. Yes, you can only guess what has brought me to PM and I can assure you that when cheap prices reflect cheap service and luck of support, then it is a matter time before the customer seeks a different solution. 

I am not here neither to create any type of friction nor to praise or accuse any of the competition. I run into a situation which I presented here in case I could get some help. After the fact we can all say a lot. Those who know a few things more than the rest should just offer their knowledge if they wish to help without trying to be a smart aleck. Just my two cents' worth.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@VanGR wrote:

This is my second month with Public Mobile and already thinking of terminating my service and start searching for a new provider as I believe that in 2019 not being able to reach immediate customer service assistance over the phone is unacceptable. Besides having this kind of system registration issues leaves a pretty sour taste on the end user. 

If it's unacceptable why the heck would you join?? It's beyond me how people jump in to Public Mobile when they KNOW there is no call center, and then complain there's noone to talk to. 

@0000000000 wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote: 

The website clearly details how there are no call centre's, this is how they are able to offer cheap plans which is what I am guessing brought you to PM in the first place. Also let us know which carrier you will get "immediate customer service" from, please do not say Bell, Telus or Rogers as we all came from those carriers and we know the truth about them.

Please don't use this argument again. Lucky Mobile is equivalent to Public Mobile, yet they provide phone customer service.

I believe you missed the point of what I was saying. Bell, Telus and Rogers also have phone customer service just you will have to wait to actually talk to a person. I have never dealt with Lucky and that is why I never included them in my post. Having to wait on the phone to talk to a customer service rep is not what I would consider "immediate" as the OP said and I doubt that Lucky is any different. Thus my argument still stands.

EDIT: I just took a quick look at Lucky and do not see anywhere where you can earn rewards, there is the autopay 500mb bonus but no ongoing credits for autopay, referrals, community involvement or loyalty. So saying Lucky is the "equivalent" to PM is grossly inacurate.

@krazykiwi wrote: 

The website clearly details how there are no call centre's, this is how they are able to offer cheap plans which is what I am guessing brought you to PM in the first place. Also let us know which carrier you will get "immediate customer service" from, please do not say Bell, Telus or Rogers as we all came from those carriers and we know the truth about them.

Please don't use this argument again. Lucky Mobile is equivalent to Public Mobile, yet they provide phone customer service.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@VanGR wrote:

Yesterday I bought a new voucher to top up my account which was expiring today. I wanted to change my plan so I let it expire anyway. Being at work I noticed that my account was suspended. I tried quite a few to make a payment online but the system was not accepting my voucher pin. Then I tried a manual pin registration calling the *611 number which allowed me to register my new pin and payment. However when I went back to change plans the system shows me no options to choose from. It's not showing even my current plan. I am getting just the message

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page."

What am I supposed to do so that I can use the money I have already paid and receive the service I want to choose?

Hi, sorry you have run into problems.

The website also gives clear directions on how to change plans before and after suspension, there really was no reason to allow your plan to expire as then your account goes into suspension which is probably what caused your issues. You have the option under "Change Plan" to have this occur on plan renewal, hence no requirement to allow the plan to expire and your account to be suspended.

So if you would like for us to try and assist you, please indicate what is your account status and the amount of available funds and which plan you are trying to change to? This will tell us if we are able to guide you to correcting the issue or if it will need MODs to straighten out.

VanGR

Thank you all for your responses and help. I will contact the moderator team to see what they can do. Cheers!

@VanGR The funds you put on your account will go to automatically renewing your current plan as your service was suspended, if you then chose to change plans immediately you forfeit the rest of the month for your current plan and have to pay again for the new one. In the future, the best way to change plans is to choose for it to change automatically on your next renewal date.

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@VanGR 

Please send a Private message to Moderator by clicking on this link @Moderator_Team they will look into this issue 

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

VanGR

Now the page is available but the website is asking for more money so that I can switch plans. I haven't used the plan yet! I just want to switch! Where are the moderators?

Oups.. @VanGR you will need help from moderator here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and explain with details what happened and what you have tried...Smiley Frustrated

Wait few hours and you will have help from them.

VanGR

I guess finicky is an understatement. I have cleared the cache, I have used the incognito window, I have used Firefox instead of Chrome which I always do, I have made myself a nice warm coffee and am sitting by the window staring at the snow outside in despair. This is just not right and not fair.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@VanGR

The website is finicky at times.  You can try a different web browser, clearing cache or going incongito/privacy mode.  Chrome incognito seems to work well for me in the past.  

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Did you try @VanGR using the incognito/private browsing mode. If that does not work, try again later when the self-serve functions normally. Smiley Happy 

Need Help? Let's chat.